Re: Age checks on Gate

What a cheek, I was sold a ticket by a tout outside the ground only to find out after being age checked that it was a child's ticket. Ended up having to pay again for a ticket. We need a crack down on these dodgy touts who are ruining it for the rest of the good lads.

Can't wait for the next game!

:hello1: :hello1: Ole, Ole, Ole, County, County! :hello1: :hello1:

xisle wrote:looks like maybe 100 or so people bottled out of turning up to the leicester game with the wrong category of ticket
I've tried telling Stan this on the on-going "Empty Seats" thread that has rattled on for pages and pages the last few days .
Would explain the gaps in Block A of the Bisley which is the Family Section

Corpaboy wrote:
xisle wrote:looks like maybe 100 or so people bottled out of turning up to the leicester game with the wrong category of ticket
I've tried telling Stan this on the on-going "Empty Seats" thread that has rattled on for pages and pages the last few days .
Would explain the gaps in Block A of the Bisley which is the Family Section
I guess the positive thing for the future is that the club is tackling this abuse.

Seeing as how this topic has been revived, can I re-ask a question I raised on p1?

Apparently the new checks include stopping unaccompanied under-16s from entering the ground without an adult. What's the rationale for this? I'm sure many of us started going to football as early teenagers with our mates, but seemingly that's not allowed anymore, and I'd be interested to know the reasons why. No-one says that a group of 14-year-olds can't go to the cinema unaccompanied, or go for a McDonald's - so why do they need an adult with them to go to the football?

As I say, it's a genuine question and I'd be really interested if someone could outline the justification for it.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Seeing as how this topic has been revived, can I re-ask a question I raised on p1?

Apparently the new checks include stopping unaccompanied under-16s from entering the ground without an adult. What's the rationale for this? I'm sure many of us started going to football as early teenagers with our mates, but seemingly that's not allowed anymore, and I'd be interested to know the reasons why. No-one says that a group of 14-year-olds can't go to the cinema unaccompanied, or go for a McDonald's - so why do they need an adult with them to go to the football?

As I say, it's a genuine question and I'd be really interested if someone could outline the justification for it.
Interesting points you raise hear. I'm confused about this also. Unless I've read it wrong there appears to be conflicting comments on the official website about what age you can enter the ground without an adult. Is it 16 or 14. At what age are you considered an adult? !6 or 18 or even 21? Whilst appreciating there has to be an age limit, is this limit set by the EFL or individual clubs?

George Street-Bridge wrote:Sixteen seems very high if that's the rule. Is there some public liability insurance issue around unaccompanied teenagers?

In or about February 1968 with two school class mates and no adults I can remember going to watch County v Barnsley. By way of an aside they came as League leaders and we beat them 3-0. I would of been 10 years old at the time. I am aware that today's priorities with respect to child safety have altered from a half century ago, but I agree. 16 does seem very high.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:My reading of the ticket pricing page is that anyone under 16 has to be accompanied by an adult.
Yes you are correct. Must have read the under 14 thing on another website, as it appears other clubs have tickets at other age groups than ourselves, and there doesn't appear to be any consistency about what ages anyone has to be accompanied by an adult.

Fourthousand wrote:If we are speculating on 16 could it be related to/ anything to do with the 'venue' having a license to sell achohol.
I think George's point is that we are not speculating on age as it is stated as club policy.

As for the selling of alcohol point I don't know, licencing law I did one case on in twenty years so hardly an expert. However as many pubs have children's gardens and children are allowed in restaurants my educated guess/speculation is I would think not. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

If this is the case, it's absolutely mental. I started going to away games without adults from about 13 years old, let alone home games!

Also, regarding the empty seats there were a lot of tickets claimed by parents of academy kids which were then not collected for some bizarre reason. I know this because my son plays for the academy and I had an email telling me this was the case; that would explain some of the missing numbers as well.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:If we are speculating on 16 could it be related to/ anything to do with the 'venue' having a license to sell achohol.
I think George's point is that we are not speculating on age as it is stated as club policy.

As for the selling of alcohol point I don't know, licencing law I did one case on in twenty years so hardly an expert. However as many pubs have children's gardens and children are allowed in restaurants my educated guess/speculation is I would think not. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Would agree that's it's unlikely to do with licencing law either, as there doesn't appear to be any consistency at other football clubs.