Re: Penalty?

Countymadbell wrote:Thought if a player dived like the crawley player did yesterday for a penalty he should have been booked. Am i right in thinking that?

If the referee is not sure whether it is a foul or a dive he can't really give the penalty. In fairness neither can he book the player who goes down.

Countymadbell wrote:Thought if a player dived like the crawley player did yesterday for a penalty he should have been booked. Am i right in thinking that?
That's my understanding also. Has to be either a penalty or yellow card for simulation. From where I was sat impossible to say which.

Fair points, I think there was some contact but not enough to persuade the ref it was a foul. In those situations he's right not to award a pen or book either player. Ref Mr Coggins was close enough to the play but in the blind side of whatever contact there was so would have needed to guess if he thought it was a pen.

Thought he had a really good game.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
That's my understanding also. Has to be either a penalty or yellow card for simulation. From where I was sat impossible to say which.
Also, it's not unusual for a player to be upended as a result of a strong but legal challenge.