Re: Leicester game ticket sales so far

Cheesesteak Palace wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:On recent form I cant see the game being a sell out , far from it...Think we will do well to sell 5000 for the game ( Leicesters 1000 included)
Agree with this. Bet BBC are regretting choosing this one now too. Chances of an upset seem very unlikely indeed at the minute :(
Sadly have to agree with this estimate now, especially with the game live on BBC. Would have loved to see 7000 + at RP on 2 consecutive Sundays. Would that have been a first?

neilcork68 wrote:On recent form I cant see the game being a sell out , far from it...Think we will do well to sell 5000 for the game ( Leicesters 1000 included)
Agree with this. Bet BBC are regretting choosing this one now too. Chances of an upset seem very unlikely indeed at the minute :(

Surely there will be more than that? How often would Newport County fans get to see a Premier League Team at Rodney Parade? Answer only when there's a cup. Just because Newport County are not playing that well in the League doesn't mean that they can't or won't beat Leicester City. Unlikely true but you can never say never. Catch Leicester City on a bad day then who knows, 2 -1, 3 - 1 or 4 - 1, stranger things have happened. And of course those that were at the game will remember the day Newport County beat a Premier League team (that were Champions of the Premier League 2016) . Wouldn't that be a great thing to be able to tell your grandchildren . As the great Max Boyce once said I Know 'Cos I Was There!! what a great day that was. The Great Newport County beat the Mighty Leicester City to get through to the fourth round of the fa cup to play Manchester United or even Liverpool at home.

The Newport wrote:

Surely there will be more than that? How often would Newport County fans get to see a Premier League Team at Rodney Parade? Answer only when there's a cup. Just because Newport County are not playing that well in the League doesn't mean that they can't or won't beat Leicester City. Unlikely true but you can never say never. Catch Leicester City on a bad day then who knows, 2 -1, 3 - 1 or 4 - 1, stranger things have happened. And of course those that were at the game will remember the day Newport County beat a Premier League team (that were Champions of the Premier League 2016) . Wouldn't that be a great thing to be able to tell your grandchildren . As the great Max Boyce once said I Know 'Cos I Was There!! what a great day that was. The Great Newport County beat the Mighty Leicester City to get through to the fourth round of the fa cup to play Manchester United or even Liverpool at home.
I'd take a win by 1 goal, or a draw for a replay and more £££s. I think our players will raise their game, they can then say they beat/drew with the Premier League winners. Heads mustn't go down if we are behind, need to keep battling. Crowd will be crucial, need to be the 12th man, very quiet at the last few home games. As Tim says "let's make some noise!!"

I think we can safely assume that ticket sales have been disappointing, and the crowd will be nowhere near capacity. If there were only hundreds left we would have the same hourly updates from the club warning us of the danger of missing out, as happened last year with the Spurs game.

This all suggests that the pricing policy which was spot on for the Spurs game was way off the mark this time.

I think its down to the sharper business mind of the new man, I had expressed an interest in hospitality for this one and had agreed a cost per head, only to be recontacted due a mistake in the price, would be higher than originally quoted, at which point I declined.

Perhaps there's a renewed emphasis on hospitality, which was needed, and hospitality sales and BBC coverage will offset a lower crowd due to perceived high costs of tickets.

But it annoyed me and possibly put me off future opportunities.

Barnabas wrote:I think we can safely assume that ticket sales have been disappointing, and the crowd will be nowhere near capacity. If there were only hundreds left we would have the same hourly updates from the club warning us of the danger of missing out, as happened last year with the Spurs game.

This all suggests that the pricing policy which was spot on for the Spurs game was way off the mark this time.
You can't ignore the slump in performances as a major factor either, when it comes to the day trippers who swelled the gates against Leeds and spurs