Re: Leicester game ticket sales so far

Exile 1976 wrote:You're mistaken that the current capacity for Newport County games is 7,850 though Brendan.
Also remember that the rugby doesn't have segregation issues either.

Not sure why the club would lie to say they were sold out rather than allowing for more sales thus making more revenue, not sure there are ANY chairmen out there stupid enough to do that, especially 'greedy morons' :wink: :lol:
Neither do I.

However the club informed us that well over 7,000 tickets were available and that they have all been sold. I have said that I was wrong in my belief that the capacity of 7850 tickets would be sold. 7,850 is the capacity. Far less than the rugby no doubt for segregation purposes.

I don't doubt the word of the club, and happily admit I was wrong. For some reason this seems to have spooked some people. I don't know why.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:You're mistaken that the current capacity for Newport County games is 7,850 though Brendan.
Also remember that the rugby doesn't have segregation issues either.

Not sure why the club would lie to say they were sold out rather than allowing for more sales thus making more revenue, not sure there are ANY chairmen out there stupid enough to do that, especially 'greedy morons' :wink: :lol:
Neither do I.

However the club informed us that well over 7,000 tickets were available and that they have all been sold. I have said that I was wrong in my belief that the capacity of 7850 tickets would be sold. 7,850 is the capacity. Far less than the rugby no doubt for segregation purposes.

I don't doubt the word of the club, and happily admit I was wrong. For some reason this seems to have spooked some people. I don't know why.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
For me football is a habit. To reach the optimum level football needs to be affordable. I am always in favour of one off promotions, but for me we need to allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time.
How can we allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time?

At £30 a ticket many people will find attending every match they want to unaffordable.
At £20 a ticket many people will still find attending every match they want to unaffordable but fewer than would be the case at £30.
At £10 a ticket there will still be people who will find attending every match they want to unaffordable.
Even at £2 a ticket there will be somebody who will have to miss a match they want to attend because they can't afford it.

It is a laudable aim but in my opinion not achievable in practice.

The only way to "allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time" is to charge £0 for entry to games as any other price will disenfranchise somebody at some time.

For me, a better answer is for the club to make a number of tickets for every match available through food banks in the City.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
For me football is a habit. To reach the optimum level football needs to be affordable. I am always in favour of one off promotions, but for me we need to allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time.
How can we allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time?

At £30 a ticket many people will find attending every match they want to unaffordable.
At £20 a ticket many people will still find attending every match they want to unaffordable but fewer than would be the case at £30.
At £10 a ticket there will still be people who will find attending every match they want to unaffordable.
Even at £2 a ticket there will be somebody who will have to miss a match they want to attend because they can't afford it.

The only way to "allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time" is to charge £0 for entry to games as any other price will disenfranchise somebody at some time.

For me, a better answer is for the club to make a number of tickets for every match available through food banks in the City.
My view remains. Old people like me with a bob or two put by, screw us for every penny to sit in the stand. North terrace, £10 so those on limited incomes, the young etc are not denied their football.

I absolutely see your point, I just disagree.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

My view remains. Old people like me with a bob or two put by, screw us for every penny to sit in the stand. North terrace, £10 so those on limited incomes, the young etc are not denied their football.

I absolutely see your point, I just disagree.
That doesn't meet your objective so is invalid. There are people who can't afford £10, should they not be allowed to enjoy their football?

You suggest a solution to your aim "to allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time" that provides football on the cheap to many but fails to help the very people who most need it.

I don't think pointing that your solution is fatally flawed in that it fails to meet the most basic test of your aim is being pedantic but if you would like to back up how your solution delivers on your aim "to allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time" rather than resort to petty insults. I will be happy to explain to you where you are wrong.

Amberexile wrote:You suggest a solution to your aim "to allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time" that provides football on the cheap to many but fails to help the very people who most need it.

I don't think pointing that your solution is fatally flawed in that it fails to meet the most basic test of your aim is being pedantic but if you would like to back up how your solution delivers on your aim "to allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time" rather than resort to petty insults. I will be happy to explain to you where you are wrong.
Paul, give it a rest eh?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:You suggest a solution to your aim "to allow everybody who wants to watch football to do so at an affordable price, all of the time" that provides football on the cheap to many but fails to help the very people who most need it.

Paul, give it a rest eh?
Fair enough I won't embarrassment you about your nonsensical suggestion further today:lol:

Enjoy the game :grin:

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Paul, give it a rest eh?
Fair enough I won't embarrassment you about your nonsensical suggestion further today:lol:

Enjoy the game :grin:
Thanks.

As I say the capacity is 7,850. If the crowd is even 5% below that at about 7,400 I'd say that was a sell out. That's because I'm not a pedant. Wrong perhaps but not an eijit. :grin:

Amberexile wrote:As it has been pointed out to you previously that the capacity today is not 7,850, I have to consider you could be wrong on the other two points :grin:
So tell me the source of your information is. The official capacity for football is 7,850.
I shouldn't take Alan Bryant too seriously he makes it up as he goes along. We know that over 1,000 tickets have been allocated to Leicester and over 6,000 to County.

Now 1,000 plus 6,000 is 7,000. So more than 6,000 plus more than 1,000 is more than 7,000. Now please just enjoy the game.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:As it has been pointed out to you previously that the capacity today is not 7,850, I have to consider you could be wrong on the other two points :grin:
So tell me the source of your information is. The official capacity for football is 7,850.
I shouldn't take Alan Bryant too seriously he makes it up as he goes along. We know that over 1,000 tickets have been allocated to Leicester and over 6,000 to County.

Now 1,000 plus 6,000 is 7,000. So more than 6,000 plus more than 1,000 is more than 7,000. Now please just enjoy the game.
Not my information, just pointing out that you seem fixated on a figure you have been told is incorrect.
I could look up the information but would rather enjoy the game now.
Let me know if you would like me to mediate and look up the information for you later.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Not my information, just pointing out that you seem fixated on a figure you have been told is incorrect.
I could look up the information but would rather enjoy the game now.
Let me know if you would like me to mediate and look up the information for you later.
Okay Paul, you're right I'm wrong. Just enjoy the game and stop boring me.