Re: IS MF THE WRIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB

Willthiswork wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:If Westley was in charge with our current form / results this board would be in meltdown calling for his head
It's a totally different scenario tho'. We are not in the danger-zone (yet).

Im not saying it is but at the moment MF seems as though he doesn't know what to do...

.As you say about the danger zone YET....Not getting a shot on target against 10 men for over an hour is shocking

I think Michael Flynn IS doing a fair job, considering that he has a squad which does need 2 or 3 new players because he has had to shuffle his squad quite a lot and one player in particular I've noticed is Robbie Wilmot who is NOT happy sauntering around in midfield hardly bothering to run---I'm not blaming it all on him, but he certainly does look fed up. I hope that the board does help Mr Flynn sign to or three new players, I also would like to see Joe Day varying his kicks because practically all his kicks are high kicks down to the left corner on the Hazell stand side. Come on County ! Good Luck v Leicester City.,..Make it a Happy New Year,!!!! .............Bob Bassett

Every team has a bad spell - we also over achieved in the first few months of the season. The Croft’s signing could have been game changing but his lack of game time has thrown the midfield into turmoil. The constant chopping and changing of the midfield is indicative of where the problem lies.
I am not a fan of Willmott but he has been asked to play almost anywhere but where he can cause teams problems. The fact that Willmott has to be shoe horned into any vacant midfield position is not ideal.
A fit Labs and Croft for the rest of the season would transform the midfield but it is unlikely we wil get a combined 15 games from them combined.
Flynn and his managerial team are the right guys for the job - beware of what you wish for - all the JE haters I am sure learned that!!!

I think he's still got enough credit in the bank that the BOD don't need to thinking about changing Managers just yet. But progress needs to be made on the appalling (at times) defending and he really needs to shuffle the pack a bit instead of constantly choosing the same faces irrespective of fitness or form. I get that he has a small budget, a small squad and has possibly had more injuries than can be expected but his job is to manage the squad and that surely has to include choosing youngsters at times to plug the gaps...