IS MF THE WRIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB

What are you thoughts, for me he makes to many excuses, yes I know he is learning the trade but he is definitely not getting the best out of the players, also he has gained the nickname THE TINKER-MAN from other team supporters in the football league, tuesdays result could well define his season.

HAPPY NEW YEAR UTC
Last edited by flat4 on December 31st, 2018, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: IS MF THE WRIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB

As I've said elsewhere 4 weeks ago Exeter had only won 1 out of 10 games and were dropping down the league, they win 3 on the bounce we lose 3 they go back into the playoffs and we drop out. MF fell just short of Edinburgh's best finish last season, got us to the 4th round of the fa cup on a greatly reduced budget compared to Edinburgh. We're well placed to kick on and just over a week ago for 70 minutes were better than top of the league. Hopefully we've got the monkey off the back with a clean sheet last Saturday. For me this is the best side we've had since we've got back in the league and I believe a couple of wins will see us push on. We're in the 3rd round of the fa cup for the second season and in my lifetime I can't remember the last time that happened. Under MF we've come a long way and he's definitely the right man for the job.

flat4 wrote:What are you thoughts, for me he makes to many excuses, yes I know he is learning the trade but he is definitely not getting the best out of the players, also he has gained the nickname THE TINKER-MAN from other team supporters in the football league, today`s result could well define his season.

HAPPY NEW YEAR UTC
You have to love our fans, 28 days ago the majority were wetting their knickers he might be going to Shrewsbury.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
flat4 wrote:What are you thoughts, for me he makes to many excuses, yes I know he is learning the trade but he is definitely not getting the best out of the players, also he has gained the nickname THE TINKER-MAN from other team supporters in the football league, today`s result could well define his season.

HAPPY NEW YEAR UTC
You have to love our fans, 28 days ago the majority were wetting their knickers he might be going to Shrewsbury.

If you recall, look it up if you don't, I stated that the speculation over the Shrewsbury and Bristol Rovers jobs was potentially damaging for our club. I also stated that Flynn was on a high and that there was the potential for a dramatic fall.

It is unfortunate that debate is stifled by people who use emotive terms such as knicker wetters or packs of dogs.

The reality is Flynn deserves great credit for his time in charge of County. However when a team lacks confidence, which we clearly do at the moment, it is the manager's job to correct that. And at the moment Flynn is failing in that regard.

As I again stated well over a year ago, the real test of Michael Flynn will come when he has his first really bad spell. Make no mistake this is a really bad spell.

My view is that whilst the question posed by Flat4 is legitimate, for me it is to early to give a proper answer.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

HAPPY NEW YEAR UTC

If you recall, look it up if you don't, I stated that the speculation over the Shrewsbury and Bristol Rovers jobs was potentially damaging for our club. I also stated that Flynn was on a high and that there was the potential for a dramatic fall.

It is unfortunate that debate is stifled by people who use emotive terms such as knicker wetters or packs of dogs.

The reality is Flynn deserves great credit for his time in charge of County. However when a team lacks confidence, which we clearly do at the moment, it is the manager's job to correct that. And at the moment Flynn is failing in that regard.

As I again stated well over a year ago, the real test of Michael Flynn will come when he has his first really bad spell. Make no mistake this is a really bad spell.

My view is that whilst the question posed by Flat4 is legitimate, for me it is to early to give a proper answer.
The FA cup run last season resulted in three straight defeats and three draws.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

HAPPY NEW YEAR UTC

The FA cup run last season resulted in three straight defeats and three draws.
By and large I think even the unrealistic supporters will concur that 1-1 with Spurs is a better result than 0-0 with Crawley. Or that a 2-0 away loss at Spurs isn't quite as worrying as a 4-1 home defeat to Forest Green.

newgroundrodney wrote:Personally, the minimum I've ever asked from any manager in a given season, is 1.5 points per game, and 3 wins on the bounce, on 3 occasions. That's it. That's all I expect as a minimum. Anything else is a bonus - so YES he is the man for the job, or at least he's on his WAY to being so.
Let's examine that. If a centre forward is expected to score 12 league goals in a season then were he to score 15 goals we would be very happy.

However if in season one he scores 19 goals and in season two he scores 19 goals, if at Christmas of season three he hasn't score any do you still keep playing him? His 38 goals divided by 2.5 seasons gives him an average of nearly 12 goals a season.

To be clear, my view is that it is far too early to answer the question. But as the facts change, so should opinions.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: It is unfortunate that debate is stifled by people who use emotive terms such as knicker wetters or packs of dogs.
Where do you stand on "greedy morons"?
Same place as you on people being, poison, creepy, stalkers, etc.

I also detest sectarian bigots, which is why I would never make or imply such an accusation without hard evidence.

Now George, can you please flag up where users of this board have behaved like a pack of dogs?

I wonder if for once when we are having a serious debate, rather than just throw out insults, certain posters might, instead of looking for arguments of a personal nature, try making a contribution?

To be clear, my view on Flat4's question is that it is too early to say. How Flynn deals with his first major crisis will I think give the answer. I am genuinely interested in what others think.

Yes I do believe he is and although we have been on a bad run of form lately I think a lot is down to our imbalanced midfield and with injury after injury in this area Mikey has had his hands tied. In the January window if possible I would try and get a midfield general and a Mark Byrne type of player we missed a great opportunity not signing Ryan Broom a Newport lad who impressed against Cheltenham.
This time last season County were also 10th.This season we are one point better off although we have conceded 13 more goals. So at this point in time MF is the right man you could question is Hatswell the right man being our defensive coach ?

[quote="flat4"]What are you thoughts, for me he makes to many excuses, yes I know he is learning the trade but he is definitely not getting the best out of the players, also he has gained the nickname THE TINKER-MAN from other team supporters in the football league, today`s result could well define his season.

I don't think your supposition regarding defining Flynny's season is well though out.
2 years ago, we beat Hartlepool on 28th January but didn't win again until 11th March away against Crewe. In the intervening period we achieved 3 defeats and 4 draws. We survived on the day of the Great Escape. It could be argued that that match defined his season.

We started 2018 by beating Exeter 2-1 on 1st January and went on to great things, including beating Leeds and holding Spurs to a draw at Rodney Parade. We finished the season in 11th place on 64 points. At what stage his season was defined could be discussed till the cows come home, but this season is only half-way through and I believe you are being rather pessimistically premature in your analysis.

This season to date, we are averaging 1.5 points per game at which rate we should get 69 points. i.e. more than last season. Our average gates are about 10% above our break-even figure – let's not discuss that further, it's been adequately covered elsewhere, but it's on the good side don't you think?

We are a small squad; We have very little money; We've had an inordinate rate of injuries to key players; We have a manager who bleeds Newport; A manager who has got the players' hearts in the dressing room. He is getting the best out of what he has to work with.
And who gives a flying f**k about what other team supporters say!