Re: IS MF THE WRIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Flynn has been in the job for longer than the average tenure of sacked League 2 managers so ample time for most clubs to have assessed his worth if he was found to be lacking.
Perhaps worth pondering if we were to sack him and pay him off, who could we afford who would be guaranteed to do a better job in his place?
I don't think anyone on this thread has suggested sacking him. Some people are of the view that he is the right man, some like myself feel this is a testing time for him and will as Pembs puts it test his mettle.

Admittedly this seems to conflate to a mob behaving like a pack of dogs. But in fairness the hyperbolic views of that poster are not taken seriously by me, nor I would imagine by anyone with a brain.

A fair few fans on ‘County Chat’ and Twitter saying he should be sacked though.
Indeed although it may come as a shock to some that social media extends beyond this single message board.
So I would ask again, "who could we afford who would be guaranteed to do a better job in his place?"
Personally I'm struggling to think of anybody so for me, in our current situation, Flynn is the best person for the job.

penycwm county wrote:First off its RIGHT not WRIGHT, back to the question, if someone had offered us 10th spot at Christmas at the beginning of the season we would taken it without doubt, People were asking for MF to have Freedom of the City a couple of months ago and are now doubting his ability.

Fans are very fickle
The truth of the matter, I believe, is that in reality, Mike Flynn is a good manager in the making. He's half way there in my view, with lots to finish off at Newport to put himself properly in the shop window.

penycwm county wrote:First off its RIGHT not WRIGHT, back to the question, if someone had offered us 10th spot at Christmas at the beginning of the season we would taken it without doubt, People were asking for MF to have Freedom of the City a couple of months ago and are now doubting his ability.

Fans are very fickle
Good Evening

Secondly, did you miss a word out between “would” and “taken”?

Interestingly, could this word have been “have” ? Or “of”?

I think we knew Wright meant Right?

Correcting grammar is a tricky pastime on a message board open to all people of differing standards of education.

Surely we should see through errors of grammar and typos and just address the comments.

Phil of Npton

phil_in_npton wrote:

Fans are very fickle
Good Evening

Correcting grammar is a tricky pastime on a message board open to all people of differing standards of education.

Surely we should see through errors of grammar and typos and just address the comments.

Phil of Npton
:lol: :lol: :lol:

phil_in_npton wrote:

Fans are very fickle
Good Evening

Phil of Npton
Absolutely.

For what it's worth I have three degrees and yet have inadvertently typed of instead of have. This is a message board not an English examination. Whether Flynn is the right man for the job, or the wright man for the job, or even the write man for the job is one single question.

On a discrete point, not a discreet point, may I wish you all a happy and prosperous new year?