Re: Club Shop

It’s not a bank holiday, the shops are open. I know volunteers work hard for the club and I praise them for that but we are a football club, a business, and we should be run like one. We need properly paid staff and the shop to be open at normal business hours. It shouldn’t be a lottery that when you go to town whether the shop is open or not. Just my opinion.

The website still has Lincoln City advertised in the away tickets segment. I was told on Sat that the club have not had time to advertise Stevenage tickets as they have been too busy with the Leicester game. I'm sure if the Club advertised for volunteers to help out in the shop or with selling tickets there would be volunteers. Hard to believe reading this thread that we are a EFL team - we must be losing money hand over fist at the moment.

Tickets and Club merchandise are often impulse purchases, if the opportunity to buy is not readily available then sales are possibly lost for good.
A very big and important game for the Club is taking place in 7 days, yet perceived barriers are being generated by the Club’s apparent commercial naivety.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Tickets and Club merchandise are often impulse purchases, if the opportunity to buy is not readily available then sales are possibly lost for good.
A very big and important game for the Club is taking place in 7 days, yet perceived barriers are being generated by the Club’s apparent commercial naivety.
Impulse is right. The situation wherein there are no merchandise sales AT THE VENUE in the golden hour of one hour before KO, is a nonsense which must hit impulse purchases. A parent turns up 20 mins before KO with two kids, not having bought a ticket because again, they decided on impulse. No time to spend on merchandise even if they wanted to. As I said before, successful artists like Madonna, do not expect you to walk halfway across town to buy a t-shirt!
That said, if I heard it correctly when I bought my ticket, there is going to be a POP-UP MERCHANDISE OUTLET in the Marquee on the day.
Anyone else heard that?......

newgroundrodney wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Tickets and Club merchandise are often impulse purchases, if the opportunity to buy is not readily available then sales are possibly lost for good.
Impulse is right. The situation wherein there are no merchandise sales AT THE VENUE in the golden hour of one hour before KO, is a nonsense which must hit impulse purchases. A parent turns up 20 mins before KO with two kids, not having bought a ticket because again, they decided on impulse. No time to spend on merchandise even if they wanted to. As I said before, successful artists like Madonna, do not expect you to walk halfway across town to buy a t-shirt!
That said, if I heard it correctly when I bought my ticket, there is going to be a POP-UP MERCHANDISE OUTLET in the Marquee on the day.
Anyone else heard that?......

If correct why isn't there a Marquee for merchandise to be sold from for every home game ?

If you are all so concerned about the shop. Why not get together and help by looking for empty premises by the ground. Once you have found the right premises get together and open your own shop in partnership with the Club. Problem solved. So who's in favour?

Then you have two for outlets selling Newport County merchandise.

The Newport wrote:If you are all so concerned about the shop. Why not get together and help by looking for empty premises by the ground. Once you have found the right premises get together and open your own shop in partnership with the Club. Problem solved. So who's in favour?

Incorrect...that would still only be one shop as the other one would be closed. Good idea though,probably worth looking into.

The Newport wrote:If you are all so concerned about the shop. Why not get together and help by looking for empty premises by the ground. Once you have found the right premises get together and open your own shop in partnership with the Club. Problem solved. So who's in favour?

Just not the point. If anyone makes a criticism of the club’s operation, the answer appears to be “ if you’re not happy, do it yourself! “. That is totally unprofessional, any worthwhile business addresses customers complaints. It doesn’t blame its customers or put its fingers in its ears. As for having club sales on site on match day, what professional club doesn’t eh?