Re: Cardiff Met v Barry

UPTHEPORT wrote:I've refed there the parking is a mare as well if the university is open and it's a fair walk from changing rooms to pitch
Plenty of parking today even with a crowd of 600+.Barry fans made some noise,I wondered why some home fans by me had Welsh accents but not Cardiff ones.The penny finally dropped that they were probably Uni students which means they must have a ever changing fan base.They are home again Saturday so as we aren't playing and it's only a 15 minute drive,I might go again.Merthyr home as well but 45 minute drive so may end up at the Mets.

Students would presumably be on Christmas break at this time of year.
Someone I know went and said Decent crowd of mainly Barry fans. A few other club colours visible too, including Newport scarves, Cardiff City caps, and a Grimsby Town woolly hat that attracted a lot of favourable comments..

I was there with County hat and scarf on! Saw three other County hat/scarves I think. Only the second person I saw in the ground had a Forest Green shirt on and he made a point of pointing it out to me :lol: :lol:
Groundhoppers there from all over the country and parts of Europe. Apparently it was the only game in Western Europe yesterday, so that boosted the gate to over 600.
Not a bad match. At £7 it was certainly better value for money than Saturday's offering at RP. Good programme for £1, again better value than what we pay £3 for. Programme buyers also had a free teamsheet.

Percy plunkett wrote:Anyone going today? Cardiff MU v Bala 2.30 ko.Looked up Bala,the town has a population of less than 2000 which is about 20% the size of the village of Rogie from where I roam so not expecting too many away fans.
A lovely place mind. I'd highly recommend getting a cottage down by lake Bala in the summer.

I'm their lucky mascot it seems,another 3-0 win.They actually play some neat football on times.Crowd of 166,not sure of their outgoings but not much in the kitty at the end I shouldn't think.The astro means the ball skids long which stops the flow a tad and lack of atmosphere and the feel of a training ground game spoils it a bit.All in all though,I would go again if it didn't clash with us especially as it's this side of Cardiff ,so a short trip.

Percy plunkett wrote:I'm their lucky mascot it seems,another 3-0 win.They actually play some neat football on times.Crowd of 166,not sure of their outgoings but not much in the kitty at the end I shouldn't think.The astro means the ball skids long which stops the flow a tad and lack of atmosphere and the feel of a training ground game spoils it a bit.All in all though,I would go again if it didn't clash with us especially as it's this side of Cardiff ,so a short trip.

Fair do's to you. It's not fo me but some people will go the extra mile to get their regular football fix.