Re: GRANDSTAND: Stevenage v County AFC

I wouldn't go as far to call Wilmott the "star man" - he played well second half and he needs to play with a back four - in a 4-4-2 on the right hand side, to be effective. The coaching staff still need to look at his movement - sometimes he gets isolated on the touchline and doesn't know where to move and effectively out of the game. it's frustrating as those watching the game can see the pockets he should be moving into - most of the teams we play against have much better movement off the ball. We appear clueless and very rigid in this respect.

We need a right back -Forbes simply doesn't have it and Pipe's best days are behind him. Not sure what's happened to Bakinson - he looked lost and some of his passing was shocking.

Justanordinaryfan, I'd say we played well in comparison to the Fgr game, the Crawley game was more about the result and today I felt we were better than those 2 performances and we would've won comfortably if we'd taken our chances. When referring to Tim, Trev and amberexile it was with regard to Wilmotts performance who I thought was our best player today.

Quite a few points
Firstly Corky it must of been all your birthdays in one yesterday
Never seen so many posts from 1 contributor
You started having another boring swipe at Robbie but had to begrudgingly eat your words as Robbie appears to have been the one shining light for us.but you still had to chip in with "no good in midfield" which we all know anyway
Ranger is just as bad with his "one cross a game and not league 2 standard comments virtually every time he appears.
Corky why not have a pop at Matt as he has been non existent for quite a few games now.
Be careful he is a big lad though.
Anyway onto serious thoughts
The current form is abysmal and sorry to say its all down to Flynny, Wayne and Lennie
Clueless tactics, wrong selections.
Has he been found wanting?
Not giving Pring game time so City call him back,
refusal to even consider the youngsters rather leave a space on the bench
Playing Matt instaed of Harris or Semenyo when he is giving us zero.
Playing Robbie in midfield more than out wide.
Sheehan has been poor this season but he will always have a pop at goal as per yesterday and his recent long range shot to score few weeks back
Give him a couple of starts ffs
Its all gone belly up and unless Leicester bring their youth squad we will get mullerred Sunday.
I will always listen to those that travel away and as Perth Dave sais yesterday we were"utter shite"
Its not acceptable to play 10 men and barely have a shot at goal for 60 minutes.
Bet Westleys ex assistant couldn't believe his look.
Its the same side that played quality on the ground football for the first 2 months of the season.
Will not accept they are tired and need a rest.
Thank goodness County and Macclesfield are still struggling as I would be getting worried now

We have so many in the squad just not playing to standard

Forbes, Pipey, O Brien, Bennett, Matt, Dolan, Crofts, Bakinson, Sheehan

Hate the crap we are playing currently.

Please Flynny as I said after Crawley get a grip please.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Quite a few points
Firstly Corky it must of been all your birthdays in one yesterday
Never seen so many posts from 1 contributor
You started having another boring swipe at Robbie but had to begrudgingly eat your words as Robbie appears to have been the one shining light for us.but you still had to chip in with "no good in midfield" which we all know anyway
Ranger is just as bad with his "one cross a game and not league 2 standard comments virtually every time he appears.
Corky why not have a pop at Matt as he has been non existent for quite a few games now.
Be careful he is a big lad though.
Anyway onto serious thoughts
The current form is abysmal and sorry to say its all down to Flynny, Wayne and Lennie
Clueless tactics, wrong selections.
Has he been found wanting?
Not giving Pring game time so City call him back,
refusal to even consider the youngsters rather leave a space on the bench
Playing Matt instaed of Harris or Semenyo when he is giving us zero.
Playing Robbie in midfield more than out wide.
Sheehan has been poor this season but he will always have a pop at goal as per yesterday and his recent long range shot to score few weeks back
Give him a couple of starts ffs
Its all gone belly up and unless Leicester bring their youth squad we will get mullerred Sunday.
I will always listen to those that travel away and as Perth Dave sais yesterday we were"utter shite"
Its not acceptable to play 10 men and barely have a shot at goal for 60 minutes.
Bet Westleys ex assistant couldn't believe his look.
Its the same side that played quality on the ground football for the first 2 months of the season.
Will not accept they are tired and need a rest.
Thank goodness County and Macclesfield are still struggling as I would be getting worried now

We have so many in the squad just not playing to standard

Forbes, Pipey, O Brien, Bennett, Matt, Dolan, Crofts, Bakinson, Sheehan

Hate the crap we are playing currently.

Please Flynny as I said after Crawley get a grip please.

Selective reading again Frank ? :wink:
I have criticised Matt by saying he looks tired and leggy recently in previous posts......I have posted that Willmott did ok yesterday and did indeed put a few great crosses in....I also criticised MOST of the team for losing yesterday for failing to hit the target once whilst playing against 10 men for over an hour.We were utter shite as you say.
You seem to have missed these points as it obviously doesn't suit your chance to try and have a snipe at my posts...Strange that :lol:
Most of your other points are just a copy of what I said yesterday so at least you agree with me thereabout how bad we are playing at present , why Sheehan and Harris are being overlooked but MF plays players out of position so my lessons are working for you :wink: