Re: GRANDSTAND: Stevenage v County AFC

Loyalfoot wrote:I'm waiting to see Neil's player ratings

As I said I only watched via ifollow so I will try my best

I would give the vast majority 5 out of 10...except Amond and Wilmott who tried hard in Amonds case and put some decent crosses into the area in Wilmotts...they get a 6
Poor tired performance from a team lacking leadership from above.
MF 3 out of 10 very poor
Last edited by neilcork68 on January 1st, 2019, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neilcork68 wrote:

I would give the vast majority 5 out of 10...except Amond and Wilmott who tried hard in Amonds case and put some decent crosses into the area in Wilmotts...they get a 6
MF 3 out of 10 very poor
Podge gotta take his share of the flak today - he missed several golden chances.

neilcork68 wrote:

MF 3 out of 10 very poor
What about Wayne Hatswell & Lennie? Does MF listen to them or do they have the same "ideas" as him?

supporter wrote:Watched the game on I player down Swansea we played really well especially second half, they had 1 chance. Great to hear Tim Thraves raving about Wilmott who was the standout player, or as Tim kept on saying the star man.

They scored , we failed to hit the target....
Willmott put some decent crosses in but still is never a midfielder

Think Podge needs a rest. Whether that's skipping training for a day or starting the next (league) game on the bench. 3 defenders booked today, won't be long before a couple are suspended.

Think MF needs to have a long think about how to re-motivate this team as things aren't right. Maybe go and watch how Warnock trains Cardiff and pick up some tips. Then play Sheehan for 2 full games and give him free rein to shoot on sight as he did a few weeks back, we're just not getting enough shots on goal at present.

Good to hear that Robbie put a few good crosses in today. More needed

HNY

supporter wrote:Well Tim was there and you get a real feel for the game in the ground and he was raving about Wilmott who was the standout player today. They scored we hit the crossbar. Much improved from the Crawley game even though we lost 1-0.

Many fans say they are at games and rave on about RW on this very message board even though myself any many others have witnessed what a poor display he has had so thats no recommendation , just because Tim says he did.
I have posted that he had a decent enough game today and put some good crosses in but overall they didnt prevent the loss .
We may have played 'better' as you say but losing to 10 men and failing to get a shot on target for the hour we did so is inexcusable to me.