Re: Jayden Stockley

neilcork68 wrote:Exeter striker Jayden Stockley seems to be on the move with at least two clubs meeting his 'sell on ' figure of £750,000..
Preston NE are one.....MK Dons are the other :shock:
Exeter appear to be able to make a massive profit on players' fees most seasons.As far as I can recall, they paid £100k for him 18 months ago.

wattsville_boy wrote:
rncfc wrote:It's almost like if you give your own youth players an opportunity to perform, they stand a chance of getting better and making you some money. It really is groundbreaking stuff.
Oh to have a Manager who can grasp this aspect of life in Division 2...
I sympathise with him. If you're looking to further your own career (as he has publically stated he is) you need players for the here and now. Putting the likes of Foulston, Touray and Collins in the squad and giving them game time could be great for Newport County long term, but could hurt results in the short term.

It's a strange one when a local boy, raised in our academy and constantly stating how he wants to protect our future won't pick our youngsters, yet will bring in loan players from Brizzle City of a similar age - is our academy really that bad? If it is, perhaps we should revisit where our money is being spent.

It's a strange one ....
Not really.

I've seen Foulston, Touray and Collins play and IMO none of them look ready for the 1st team yet

If you throw a kid into the 1st team before he is ready then you risk loosing him for good. Let them develop and when they are good enough they will make the team

Snowman wrote:
It's a strange one ....
Not really.

I've seen Foulston, Touray and Collins play and IMO none of them look ready for the 1st team yet

If you throw a kid into the 1st team before he is ready then you risk loosing him for good. Let them develop and when they are good enough they will make the team
This is exactly the point too many people get fixated with youth players - the key question is not their age but are they good enough it is apparent the current crop are not as yet. Look at Parselle had a run under Butcher now playing semi pro. The players we have had who have moved on have been signed from other clubs and not spent much time with us - wonder what that says!

County ranger wrote:
Snowman wrote:
It's a strange one ....
Not really.

This is exactly the point too many people get fixated with youth players - the key question is not their age but are they good enough it is apparent the current crop are not as yet. Look at Parselle had a run under Butcher now playing semi pro. The players we have had who have moved on have been signed from other clubs and not spent much time with us - wonder what that says!
It says, strangely enough, that Premiership and Championship clubs have better Acadamies than ours.

George Street-Bridge wrote:What happens with Doidge now? He joined Bolton on loan with a large fee due in January, but in the meantime they have struggled to pay the wage bill.
Doidge’s loan is now permanent with Bolton paying a ‘7 figure’ fee.

Justin got that one wrong it’s fair to say.