Re: All those

The Newport wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Perhaps in view of the fact that any criticism of the club results in the response of “ if you don’t like it then volunteer and do it yourself “ , should we bring our boots on Sunday? :grin:
Don't forget your 1940's kit.
With those boots I’d have put eight in Hospital before halftime :lol:

lowandhard wrote:
The Newport wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Perhaps in view of the fact that any criticism of the club results in the response of “ if you don’t like it then volunteer and do it yourself “ , should we bring our boots on Sunday? :grin:
Don't forget your 1940's kit.
With those boots I’d have put eight in Hospital before halftime :lol:

The Newport wrote:
penycwm county wrote:couldn't the academy help?
We are a fan owned Club why can't the fans help a little bit more? The academy train a lot so I should imagine they don't get a lot of time to themselves. What do you do when you finish work at the end of the day?
Not all fans live locally (I'm in Pembrokeshire) and volunteering in the shop isn't an option,

penycwm county wrote:
The Newport wrote:
penycwm county wrote:couldn't the academy help?
We are a fan owned Club why can't the fans help a little bit more? The academy train a lot so I should imagine they don't get a lot of time to themselves. What do you do when you finish work at the end of the day?
Not all fans live locally (I'm in Pembrokeshire) and volunteering in the shop isn't an option,
Of course not and nobody should expect you to do so. Are we a professional club? Thought so! High time we behaved like one and stopped implied criticism of any customer who complains. It’s the clubs shop so the club should staff it adequately, if that can’t be done it’s not the customers fault. I don’t know what the turnover is but if it can’t support overheads ( including the staff to serve in it ) it isn’t viable. Have a stall on the road or use some premises like BarAmber ( if we find that viable ) to act as ticket office, bar, coffee shop, shop and ticket office. That’d economise on overheads and staffing.

penycwm county
couldn't the academy help?

The Newport

penycwm county

lowandhard
Of course not and nobody should expect you to do so. Are we a professional club? Thought so! High time we behaved like one and stopped implied criticism of any customer who complains. It’s the clubs shop so the club should staff it adequately, if that can’t be done it’s not the customers fault. I don’t know what the turnover is but if it can’t support overheads ( including the staff to serve in it ) it isn’t viable. Have a stall on the road or use some premises like BarAmber ( if we find that viable ) to act as ticket office, bar, coffee shop, shop and ticket office. That’d economise on overheads and staffing.
Of course I'm not saying that people like "penycwm county" who's doesn't live in the Newport area to volunteer.

lowandhard, It's okay you saying that the Club should do this and that. What's wrong with having Volunteers to run the shop? Why can't we share the Dragons shop at Rodney Parade? There's only one person that could really answer that Question and that's the Chairman of the Dragons (who's your son) who's at Rodney Parade at least five days a week . I bet if you asked him he would tell you. But that doesn't mean you should tell the rest of us, does it. At least you would know the reason yourself. And you would know who's at fault. What if it turnout to be your son that was at fault, how would you react?

I said previously and you have said let's have a meeting with the Chairman of the Dragons and the fans. Why don't you and Taff organise a meeting if the Club won't.?
I'm not having a go at you or your son or being disrespectful to either of you. You would like to know the answer to quite a few questions I'm sure. The only way we'll get the answers if we ask them directly our selves. If we can't have a meeting how about Taff doing one of his interviews with the Directors of the Club and the Chairman of the Dragons?

So, you are not being disrespectful to him or his son. Hmm, If that is the case, why do you continually post that the Dragons Chairman is indeed his (Lowandhard) son. Do you not think that he, and a lot of people on this mb know that?

He has given a reply on this board several days ago about this issue but you continue to bring it up. I don't think you realise this, but it says much more about you than it does him.

pembsexile wrote:So, you are not being disrespectful to him or his son. Hmm, If that is the case, why do you continually post that the Dragons Chairman is indeed his (Lowandhard) son. Do you not think that he, and a lot of people on this mb know that?

He has given a reply on this board several days ago about this issue but you continue to bring it up. I don't think you realise this, but it says much more about you than it does him.

I have a lot of respect for your good self and I value your opinion very much. So have some respect for me and my opinions also.
I'm sure "lowandhard" can stand up for himself. So please show some respect to him also. We're not in the school playground now.
Happy and prosperous new year to you Sir.

A year ago the Dragons chairman spoke publicly about the urgency of not dawdling over the development of Rodney Parade and In the same article he spoke specifically about the need for a shop and ticket office for all three clubs.

'The chairman also wants to establish one shop for all three clubs whose home is Rodney Parade. “It sends a dreadful message that we are not under one roof as a retail outlet, and I probably include the ticket office in that,” said Buttress.

Whilst his intentions are clearly good , surely this shows that Buttress really has no influence in terms of RP and is just a Chairman of a franchise controlled by the WRU. Lownhard has already said he voted with his feet regarding hospitality at RP, so why does he think our club will be treated any differently in the shop or ticket office?

Sharing a shop and ticket office would also mean that the Dragons / WRU control our cash flow. Crazy

Alan G Bryant wrote:A year ago the Dragons chairman spoke publicly about the urgency of not dawdling over the development of Rodney Parade and In the same article he spoke specifically about the need for a shop and ticket office for all three clubs.

'The chairman also wants to establish one shop for all three clubs whose home is Rodney Parade. “It sends a dreadful message that we are not under one roof as a retail outlet, and I probably include the ticket office in that,” said Buttress.

Whilst his intentions are clearly good , surely this shows that Buttress really has no influence in terms of RP and is just a Chairman of a franchise controlled by the WRU. Lownhard has already said he voted with his feet regarding hospitality at RP, so why does he think our club will be treated any differently in the shop or ticket office?

Sharing a shop and ticket office would also mean that the Dragons / WRU control our cash flow. Crazy
Either he has no influence or the problem lies elsewhere. It takes two to tango remember.