Re: Team for Leicester

Any team without Bakinson might have a chance.

I fear an absolute drubbing by Leicester based on recent performances though.

Not sure if it’s the lure of the Rovers for Flynn or some players not wanting to miss the Leicester game through injury (but know we cant replace them due to lenghth of injury list) that’s affecting performances.

Weird substitution today - taking Franks off was either bold or suicidal...

Agree that Bakkinson's form has dipped (plumetted ) but it's the sort of match where he'll raise his game and perhaps have a bit more time in the ball so - poor form aside - I'd start him.

Agree that Robbie is most effective wide right, against a team which will include some Leicester kids he'll muller them like he did v Chelsea u21s.

Personally I think Pipe has had his day, never was a right back, to me a midfielder. But we all have different opinions, my son-in-law who played football as a semi-pro for many years saw Pipe play at Wembley against York City and thought the same. Mind you he also thought our Left Back one Andrew Hughes was a young talent in the making, many on here thought otherwise, opinions.

Regarding the forthcoming cup match, it will be the same old team, Flynn lacks imagination when it comes to the youngsters, why sign them if you wont play them, I would play them all.

Matt is offering nothing at the moment and because of his stature encourages long balls. Flynn has spent good money on Labadie and Crofts and they offer little, there are many unattached good youngsters who could be developed at a much lower wage cost, but there again has Flynn the ability to bring on youngsters,I doubt it.

Are we the club in free fall this year?

wattsville_boy wrote:I'd play the Academy team on-bloc. They can't do any worse than the first team has done in the past month..and County are likely to get stuffed by Leicester anyway on current form...
Had I written that have you any idea of the dog's bollox abuse I would have got?

However whilst I agree that on present form we could suffer a real hiding on Sunday, the wonderful thing about football is that even I will sit down in front of the television in rural Leitrim, with my black and amber scarf and shirt, totally convinced at 4-30 on Sunday afternoon, that we will win.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:I'd play the Academy team on-bloc. They can't do any worse than the first team has done in the past month..and County are likely to get stuffed by Leicester anyway on current form...
Had I written that have you any idea of the dog's bollox abuse I would have got?

However whilst I agree that on present form we could suffer a real hiding on Sunday, the wonderful thing about football is that even I will sit down in front of the television in rural Leitrim, with my black and amber scarf and shirt, totally convinced at 4-30 on Sunday afternoon, that we will win.
Me too. With any team we put out... :lol:

wattsville_boy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Me too. With any team we put out... :lol:
As you're in Leitrim pop into Carrick on Shannon and we'll watch it together. :grin:

Whilst we both know that won't happen; but as we have nothing to lose, not withstanding the prize money for winning :grin: , wouldn't be an opportunity for some level of experimentation whether it be in formation or personel?

ajs wrote:Personally I think Pipe has had his day, never was a right back, to me a midfielder. But we all have different opinions, my son-in-law who played football as a semi-pro for many years saw Pipe play at Wembley against York City and thought the same. Mind you he also thought our Left Back one Andrew Hughes was a young talent in the making, many on here thought otherwise, opinions.

Regarding the forthcoming cup match, it will be the same old team, Flynn lacks imagination when it comes to the youngsters, why sign them if you wont play them, I would play them all.

Matt is offering nothing at the moment and because of his stature encourages long balls. Flynn has spent good money on Labadie and Crofts and they offer little, there are many unattached good youngsters who could be developed at a much lower wage cost, but there again has Flynn the ability to bring on youngsters,I doubt it.

Are we the club in free fall this year?
They are unattached for a reason - not good enough probably. Labs and Croft’s injuries are v frustrating but they would both get contracts with other L2 clubs and would not be unattached other than by choice.