Re: Ground capacity for the LEICESTER CITY game?...

Marky wrote:6000 home tickets, that's the capacity we are allowed so that Leicester have 15%.
....so 6867 is the highest gate we can get, even if it sells out, of which 15% (1030) will be Leicester fans, who have already sold their 1030 allocation.
Is that right?.... so it cant be a sell out in terms of football capacity in any event, due to the number of tickets made available to Leicester?

I thought that the capacity for football was 7,800 and about 9,500 for rugby. The apparent shortfall against this number may be accounted for by capacity taken up by the BBC for camera positions etc.but the difference at about 1,000 is big.

I'm not complaining but it does show that claims that moving to RP would give us a championship standard ground were OTT. Not forgetting that we had 5,100 capacity at Newport Stadium.

G Guest wrote:I thought that the capacity for football was 7,800 and about 9,500 for rugby. The apparent shortfall against this number may be accounted for by capacity taken up by the BBC for camera positions etc.but the difference at about 1,000 is big.

I'm not complaining but it does show that claims that moving to RP would give us a championship standard ground were OTT. Not forgetting that we had 5,100 capacity at Newport Stadium.
I always understood the capacity breakdown to be something LIKE the following:

Bisley Stand..........................2389
Hazell Stand & Terrace.........2500
North Terrace........................1500
AWAY FANS..........................1250
Segregation.............................100
TOTAL....................................7739