Re: Years of watching

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Hard to say it is down to inexperience as Flynny has a very experienced adviser/manager in Lenny alongside him so either he hasn’t been getting the ‘right’ advice off him or he has simply ignored him.
Or listened and decided to make that change. In fairness to Flynn he is the manager. It is his decision to make.
I agree with your assessment of Flynn's wrong decision, but i return to my point of players missing chances, How much at fault is he for that? or is it entirely down to the players?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Hard to say it is down to inexperience as Flynny has a very experienced adviser/manager in Lenny alongside him so either he hasn’t been getting the ‘right’ advice off him or he has simply ignored him.
Or listened and decided to make that change. In fairness to Flynn he is the manager. It is his decision to make.
I agree with your assessment of Flynn's wrong decision, but i return to my point of players missing chances, How much at fault is he for that? or is it entirely down to the players?
When County players score and County win, is that to Flynn's credit, or is it entirely down to the players?

I can't answer your question but can you answer mine?

Sadly Stan no I can't answer your question.
I do think the art of goal scoring is primarily down to the individual player, whilst accepting a manager can influence the player's confidence, often a crucial factor in goal scoring, As for creating a team that creates chances, whilst denying the opposition chances is of course an entirely different matter, dependent on many factors including use and timing of subs.

As for your question of is he receiving the right advice, but ignoring it? perhaps we'll never know. I suspect sometimes yes, sometimes no. The art of a good manager is of course getting most decisions right, and not repeating the wrong ones.

I am sick of hearing Flynny is on a learning curve for gods sake he has managed over 100 games. He makes wrong decisions almost every game. Everyone can see that Barkinson is playing very poorly at the moment but never comes off. In terms of players being tired Harris, Marsh, Sheehan rarely feature give these youngsters some game time.

Postby Loyalfoot » January 2nd, 2019, 4:55 pm

Maybe you should apply the next time the jobs comes vacant

Don't be silly, be realistic, it's Flynns' team he put it together he should fully use the resources. Personally I think there are problems in the management team Flynn doesn't listen. Byron Anthony left Flynn recorded as shouting at Hatswell. Flynn doesn't do youth

Loyalfoot wrote:Maybe you should attend a game
I am impressed with some of your threads AJS talking sense like myself.

Loyalfoot I admire your defence of Robbie but you are up on a cloud somewhere get real please

Are you Jimmy Exile (What ever happened to him) what a plonker!!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:Maybe you should attend a game

Well they didn't come to see me when I was bad. BOOM BOOM. :lol:

snakes alive stan thats almost as old as the away fan asking directions to the ground the county fan told him to just follow the crowd and he ended up in tescos