Michael Flynn - The Facts

Some fans calling for him to move on. Some calling for his head. Mass speculation on his future every time a job in League 1 becomes open. A lot of fans now on his back due to our recent poor form. Give the video in the below link a watch and decide whether all the above is harsh when you see some perspective and statistics

Re: Michael Flynn - The Facts

I thought that was good Chris. We obviously need to get out of this rut but what MF has achieved on a bottom 3 budget is more than credible. I'd disagree with we are where we fans want to be because we all want to be in the playoffs but I think you probably mean we are where we'd expect to be given the low budget and lack of the resources you mention compared to some of the other clubs. It's easy to criticise but I think a bit of loyalty is what is needed at this time.

Caerleon Exile wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:I think we need to get behind MF and stay loyal to the guy who has done so much for the club. Let's remember our budget and be realistic with our squad size.
Completely agree.

All hail King Flynn :cheers:
As is referenced in today's Argus, the last fifteen league games have resulted in 15 points. A point a game is relegation form and 15 games is one third of a season.

If there was an award for making excuses I think Michael Flynn would be a contender but the 'All hail King Michael' brigade would win.

Sorry but with our mediocre gates being added to by transfer and Cup windfalls we are not under-resourced.

Michael Flynn has achieved much and deserves credit for it. He is neither a king, Messiah nor football genius. He is a young inexperienced manager who deserves support, respect and the opportunity to get our club out of this tailspin.
Unless we completely implode we are safe. For me a realistic target is 60 points. Being respectful is not the same as being sycophantic. Less than 60 points he should go.

In any event Gavin's tenure is up in May. His decision to pay Flynn almost twice the going rate was completely disastrous. I hope he has the decency not to stand for reelection. If he does I hope the shareholders have the sense not to reelect him.

There was hardly a plethora of alternatives at the last election, was there?

If we have a similar lack of enthusiasm from the fan base next time around I think we need to be questioning the model itself, not the people who are doing their best to run it in the absence of anyone else willing to sacrifice their time.

Loyalfoot wrote:I think we need to get behind MF and stay loyal to the guy who has done so much for the club. Let's remember our budget and be realistic with our squad size.
I've always believed that the time for supporters to get behind their team and manager is never more needed than when they are going through a dip in form, so would agree with this sentiment. However, as the thread title contains ' the facts' and i am often hearing about the size of our playing budget, compared to others in League 2, what are the actual facts ? As far as i'm aware clubs don't publish these figures, or do they?

rncfc wrote:There was hardly a plethora of alternatives at the last election, was there?

If we have a similar lack of enthusiasm from the fan base next time around I think we need to be questioning the model itself, not the people who are doing their best to run it in the absence of anyone else willing to sacrifice their time.
I am completely in favour of trust ownership. I have a real problem with your post.

My problem is that you might be right.

I could of course do what I fully expect others to do who disagree with me and just aim abuse at you. However being an adult I am forced to acknowledge what you say, and think about the argument you make, and finally either respond by making arguments to counter your view.

If I can.

Trust ownership would work if football itself is ever forced to return to some modicum of sensibility. In an ideal world, all football clubs would be owned by their supporters and operated as some sort of community charity entity.

Until this happens however, I continue to feel that us being trust owned - with the amount of off-field work we need to undertake to secure our short-term future (as well as trying to enhance our long-term prospects) - is just a disaster waiting to happen.

This isn't in any way an attack on the people doing the work at the moment, but simply the reality of having part-time people still learning on the job operating a multi-million pound business that has a series of full-time problems.

Worse still, we have what I interpret to be an unenthusiastic supporter-base, many of whom have already said they don't support full trust ownership), and very few of whom are prepared or able to volunteer their time and services. The net result is you run the risk of getting a board full of people who want to the job, not a board full of people who necessarily can do the job.

Again, not a slight on anyone on the board at the moment who may very well be doing a superb job - in the absence of any transparency on what I perceive to be key issues (relationship with WRU, last seasons' cup windfall breakdown, etc) it is not possible to form a reasoned opinion.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:There was hardly a plethora of alternatives at the last election, was there?

I am completely in favour of trust ownership. I have a real problem with your post.

My problem is that you might be right.

I could of course do what I fully expect others to do who disagree with me and just aim abuse at you. However being an adult I am forced to acknowledge what you say, and think about the argument you make, and finally either respond by making arguments to counter your view.

If I can.
I understand both your concerns, and it appears to me the lack of alternatives, whether it be for the chairmen or trust ownership itself renders your concerns academic at present. Will we see any form of alternative in the close season with regards to a hybrid ownership model? I know I have said previously I am sceptical if any alternatives will materialise . Hope I'm wrong. Even if I'm not in favour of the alternative, I'm sure actual choices will be preferable to none. Therein often leads to the danger of megalomania.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
I've always believed that the time for supporters to get behind their team and manager is never more needed than when they are going through a dip in form, so would agree with this sentiment. However, as the thread title contains ' the facts' and i am often hearing about the size of our playing budget, compared to others in League 2, what are the actual facts ? As far as i'm aware clubs don't publish these figures, or do they?
We are not told 'the facts'. It allows for plausible deniability by the directors, it allows for the clappies to make excuses.

I can only go on results. I can't comment on performance. Looking at the results over the last three months we are in a real crisis. If those, be they directors or supporters, who believe that making excuses will suffice prevail, we will crash down the league.

However, our crowds are not significantly lower than the league two average. We did get a number of transfer windfalls and the club published a £700,000 profit from the Cup run last season.

It's our club, we own it. Is it really so unfair to ask Gavin 'non disclosure' Foxhall, what's the f@ck's going on?

Taffweigan wrote:Some fans calling for him to move on. Some calling for his head. Mass speculation on his future every time a job in League 1 becomes open. A lot of fans now on his back due to our recent poor form. Give the video in the below link a watch and decide whether all the above is harsh when you see some perspective and statistics

I just wish he'd get his head out of his arse and look at what is happening on the field. County can't defend (and have been giving away soft goals all season) and currently can't hit a barn door in attack. Many players look tired.

So change the team. Even if that means playing kids while 1st teamers recover from injuries they obviously are carrying from game to game...