Re: Michael Flynn - The Facts

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:I think we need to get behind MF and stay loyal to the guy who has done so much for the club. Let's remember our budget and be realistic with our squad size.
I've always believed that the time for supporters to get behind their team and manager is never more needed than when they are going through a dip in form, so would agree with this sentiment. However, as the thread title contains ' the facts' and i am often hearing about the size of our playing budget, compared to others in League 2, what are the actual facts ? As far as i'm aware clubs don't publish these figures, or do they?
We are not told 'the facts'. It allows for plausible deniability by the directors, it allows for the clappies to make excuses.

I can only go on results. I can't comment on performance. Looking at the results over the last three months we are in a real crisis. If those, be they directors or supporters, who believe that making excuses will suffice prevail, we will crash down the league.

However, our crowds are not significantly lower than the league two average. We did get a number of transfer windfalls and the club published a £700,000 profit from the Cup run last season.

It's our club, we own it. Is it really so unfair to ask Gavin 'non disclosure' Foxhall, what's the f@ck's going on?
Hi Stan

What is the non disclosure reference about?

If my memory serves me correctly, you did a YouTube video kindly explaining what an NDA was and lamented the restrictiveness around them, and save for some passing references to Harvey Weinstein, you then criticised the club quite extensively for their use of NDAs.

Some days later a club director came on the forum and explained their are no NDAs.

Is my recollection correct? If so why are you attributed the phrase to G Foxhall?

Apologies if I’ve got that wrong.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Caerleon Exile wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:I think we need to get behind MF and stay loyal to the guy who has done so much for the club. Let's remember our budget and be realistic with our squad size.
Completely agree.

All hail King Flynn :cheers:
As is referenced in today's Argus, the last fifteen league games have resulted in 15 points. A point a game is relegation form and 15 games is one third of a season.

If there was an award for making excuses I think Michael Flynn would be a contender but the 'All hail King Michael' brigade would win.

Sorry but with our mediocre gates being added to by transfer and Cup windfalls we are not under-resourced.

Michael Flynn has achieved much and deserves credit for it. He is neither a king, Messiah nor football genius. He is a young inexperienced manager who deserves support, respect and the opportunity to get our club out of this tailspin.
Unless we completely implode we are safe. For me a realistic target is 60 points. Being respectful is not the same as being sycophantic. Less than 60 points he should go.

In any event Gavin's tenure is up in May. His decision to pay Flynn almost twice the going rate was completely disastrous. I hope he has the decency not to stand for reelection. If he does I hope the shareholders have the sense not to reelect him.
I think it is very easy to criticise - the counter argument is whilst the pay rise to Flynn may have been excessive it avoids clubs without a manager having an easy target. Flynn on balance has done a good job - I am sure all those who criticised JE would have had him back during the reigns of his replacements ex Flynn.
I do not know the Chairman or board but recent developments on the trust membership have been positive and I hope all old members have renewed early to increase the income levels. It would be unpopular but I think ticket priority or maybe buy a second ticket should be linked to the membership level.
So, you may wish to consider the completely disastrous comment against the alternatives and progress made elsewhere by unpaid supporters which is what the board is I believe.

Mr Figo wrote:Are people not getting confused between NDA's and redaction of commercially sensitive information in Minutes of meetings and also sensitive information covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
Yes I think Stan was a bit confused - he did a whole YouTube video on NDAs and criticised the club for their use of them and then if I recall a director came on and clarified we don’t use them.

UPTHEPORT wrote:I think we should all think about this first even arguably the best manager in modern times Alex Ferguson had rough patches let's give Flynny a break and all back him .

I got a funny feeling Sunday we could pull off a shock

Let's get behind Flynny and the boys :cheers:
This!

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Are people not getting confused between NDA's and redaction of commercially sensitive information in Minutes of meetings and also sensitive information covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
Yes I think Stan was a bit confused - he did a whole YouTube video on NDAs and criticised the club for their use of them and then if I recall a director came on and clarified we don’t use them.
Ryan Courtney posted up everyone had signed NDA's. Kevin Ward said they hadn't.

Confused. You will be. But you can follow it all on the soap known as NCFC. 8)

Reference probably before your time dancer old son.

I believe they are. But whatever it's called, when supporters are having information kept from them, especially as trust members/owners; it obviously p***** them off, and can easily lead to supporters jumping to erroneous conclusions.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Lysaght Dancer wrote:
Ryan Courtney posted up everyone had signed NDA's. Kevin Ward said they hadn't.

Confused. You will be. But you can follow it all on the soap known as NCFC. 8)

Reference probably before your time dancer old son.
on what date did Ryan Rourtney post up that everyone had signed NDA's and under which user name?

I think you are wrong, Stan.

I remember you did a video about it and Kevin Ward denied the use of them. I can’t recall Ryan Courtney saying any different?

Either way, it’s odd that you called the club’s chairman Gavin NDA Foxhall, when you are not sure yourself.

Some would look at that and consider it an unfair slur without any substance to back it up, and a lame attempt at sophistry.

Lysaght Dancer wrote:I think you are wrong, Stan.

I remember you did a video about it and Kevin Ward denied the use of them. I can’t recall Ryan Courtney saying any different?

Either way, it’s odd that you called the club’s chairman Gavin NDA Foxhall, when you are not sure yourself.

Some would look at that and consider it an unfair slur without any substance to back it up, and a lame attempt at sophistry.

I'm not wrong

Some can look and consider what they please.