Stevenage yesterday

I went to the game yesterday and watched two poor teams produce very little. After the sending off, Flynn should have changed the team then by bringing on Harris and Sheehan much earlier as the game was there for the taking. Barkinson and Wilmott should have been taken off and then to concede late on was a travesty. Sheehan came on with 2 minutes to go what was Flynn thinking, he did more in a few minutes than the whole team did all game. An am a fan of Robbie when played on right midfield but besides three very good crosses yesterday he did little else and was hiding right out on the wing most of the second half. O'Brien was my MOM.

Re: Stevenage yesterday

bedeck wrote:I went to the game yesterday and watched two poor teams produce very little. After the sending off, Flynn should have changed the team then by bringing on Harris and Sheehan much earlier as the game was there for the taking. Barkinson and Wilmott should have been taken off and then to concede late on was a travesty. Sheehan came on with 2 minutes to go what was Flynn thinking, he did more in a few minutes than the whole team did all game. An am a fan of Robbie when played on right midfield but besides three very good crosses yesterday he did little else and was hiding right out on the wing most of the second half. O'Brien was my MOM.

I was close to 'reporting this post' to the administrators..

If I had wrote this there would have been 'hell to pay ' off the usual posters :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop posting such views as it doesn't go with certain posters arguments :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

neilcork68 wrote:
Countymadbell wrote:For now

If it wasn't for Flynn being a local boy and supporting the side this board would be in meltdown calling for his head with such bad results and displays for the past 5 weeks
If it also wasn't for the fact he saved our league status miraculously, earned 2 ties against Premier league opposition ( again probably saving our status indirectly through income) and raising our expectations, yes he'd be in trouble.
He gets my support for all the above.

The Cat wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

If it wasn't for Flynn being a local boy and supporting the side this board would be in meltdown calling for his head with such bad results and displays for the past 5 weeks
If it also wasn't for the fact he saved our league status miraculously, earned 2 ties against Premier league opposition ( again probably saving our status indirectly through income) and raising our expectations, yes he'd be in trouble.
And me

The Cat wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

Yes and I fully support your reply, but having said that I think Mike Flynn will climb the managerial ladder,-- sooner or later,---- but lets support the team and the Manager,---- Mike will I am sure give the job 100% in his capacity as Manager, until such time as he thinks fit for both himself and the club.............Come on the Port !!...................Bob Bassett

If Flynn can be praised when things are going well why should he be exempt from criticism when things are going badly?

Nobody on this board has abused him. And being critical is not abuse. Nobody on this board has called for his dismissal. However if someone were to do so, that is part and parcel of his job.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:If Flynn can be praised when things are going well why should he be exempt from criticism when things are going badly?

Nobody on this board has abused him. And being critical is not abuse. Nobody on this board has called for his dismissal. However if someone were to do so, that is part and parcel of his job.
Absolutely, which is why I only gave reasons why I fully support him. I have no wish to try and brainwash anyone into changing their mind.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:If Flynn can be praised when things are going well why should he be exempt from criticism when things are going badly?

Agree and I’m sure Flynn would understand that and realise it’s just part and parcel of being a football manager. My opinion ( for what it’s worth ) is that he deserves the window to remedy matters. God help our football club if he f*cks it up. No pressure then Flynny! :grin: