Re: What has Sheehan got to do to play ?

rncfc wrote:
What does Sheehan have to do to play?
Be able to stand up in a light breeze would be my guess. Far too lightweight for a Flynny team; he needs to work on his body strength - his skill will never be in doubt.
I see your point but Sheehan was in the team earlier in the season when we were winning, including Port Vale and Oldham. It seems he has been dropped to accommodate Robbie who is getting pelted for playing out of position in the middle, when he is much much more effective on the wing.

rncfc wrote:
What does Sheehan have to do to play?
Be able to stand up in a light breeze would be my guess. Far too lightweight for a Flynny team; he needs to work on his body strength - his skill will never be in doubt.
I agree with the lightweight comment, but don't attribate that to a 'Flynny team'. .I'm sure it would be the case in any League 2 team.
Will he be better suited playing against a premiership team?

I'd have thought Sheehan is likely to go out on loan.

A lot of ifs coming but, if Crofts, Labadie and Dolan are fit and if we retain Bakinson and if Flynn continues to see Bennett as a midfield player, Sheehan will be at best 7th in line behind Crofts, Labadie, Dolan, Bennett, Willmott and Bakinson if we don't sign any other midfield players in January.

In those circumstances, he would struggle to get on the bench let alone get game time.

If he doesn't play much during the second half of the season, he will be out of contract with the look of a player that failed to make the grade after a bad injury. Getting a professional contract with a League club will be difficult so maybe better for him to be out on loan proving what he is capable of?

Amberexile wrote:I'd have thought Sheehan is likely to go out on loan.

A lot of ifs coming but, if Crofts, Labadie and Dolan are fit and if we retain Bakinson and if Flynn continues to see Bennett as a midfield player, Sheehan will be at best 7th in line behind Crofts, Labadie, Dolan, Bennett, Willmott and Bakinson if we don't sign any other midfield players in January.

In those circumstances, he would struggle to get on the bench let alone get game time.

If he doesn't play much during the second half of the season, he will be out of contract with the look of a player that failed to make the grade after a bad injury. Getting a professional contract with a League club will be difficult so maybe better for him to be out on loan proving what he is capable of?
Totally disagree with that mate.Sheehan is the only flair player we have in the middle and needs to start on Sunday.

rodneyboy wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I'd have thought Sheehan is likely to go out on loan.

Totally disagree with that mate.Sheehan is the only flair player we have in the middle and needs to start on Sunday.
Can you see him being picked by MF on Sunday if Crofts, Labadie, Dolan, Bennett, Willmott and Bakinson are all available?