Wish List

OK it's a bit late for Christmas but as we appear to be on the lookout for a few new faces who's on your wish list if you could give one to MF?

I'll start with Alex Kiwomya at Doncaster. Currently on loan at Chesterfield. Electric pace, beats his man on either side and an eye for goal. Wasted in non-league and worth a cheeky punt on loan for the rest of the season.

(no need to thank me Flynny :grin: )

Re: Wish List

Been studying National League like I try to do Mike write these names down see what you think and if money available imho They will strengthen our squad immensely.
1) Blair Turgott 24 years old a West Ham prodigy plays as a winger for Maidstone is highly rated and scored about 10 goals this season.
2) Jamie Reckord 26 years old a left back who is regularly getting great reviews for Solihull Moors.
3) Craig Eastmond 28 year old midfielder and can play right back plays for Sutton played at League 1 level for Colchester for two seasons. Good experience.
4) Liam Noble 27 year old midfielder great experience in League 1 for Notts. County is currently playing for Hartlepool.
Both Noble and Eastmond are thought of by experts in The National League as the most consistent and best performers in midfield in the League.
5) Jonathon Smith now 32 years old a 6ft 3" Very experienced midfielder probably in his twilight years plays for Chesterfield.
Probably or possibly too expensive but certainly would add to our squad and give us more options especially in the midfield area.

Good work by Somerton Moss, and I agree, the value will lay in the non leagues, especially striker wise. But as you know, midfield is where I feel we really need to look to turn our season around, don't rate Dolan at all, and amazed to see how far backwards Bakinson has gone under our tutelage, came here a really good player and we've ruined him imho.

The NCFC Hippy wrote:Good work by Somerton Moss, and I agree, the value will lay in the non leagues, especially striker wise. But as you know, midfield is where I feel we really need to look to turn our season around, don't rate Dolan at all, and amazed to see how far backwards Bakinson has gone under our tutelage, came here a really good player and we've ruined him imho.
Agree with all of that. I especially feel sorry for Bakinson, he was very good when he came but wtf is he learning from our mf? He has nobody alongside giving him advice and talking him through games, as a result he ends up trying too much and losing the ball - a timely shout of advice needed but no mf there to give it! :roll:

lowandhard wrote:
The NCFC Hippy wrote:Good work by Somerton Moss, and I agree, the value will lay in the non leagues, especially striker wise. But as you know, midfield is where I feel we really need to look to turn our season around, don't rate Dolan at all, and amazed to see how far backwards Bakinson has gone under our tutelage, came here a really good player and we've ruined him imho.
Agree with all of that. I especially feel sorry for Bakinson, he was very good when he came but wtf is he learning from our mf? He has nobody alongside giving him advice and talking him through games, as a result he ends up trying too much and losing the ball - a timely shout of advice needed but no mf there to give it! :roll:
Agree with most of this and have to say, whilst not proffessing to be an expert in midfield play, it saddens me to see Bakinson's deterioration of performance. It's clear that he has talent and skill, and unfortunately is unable to demonstrate them at the moment. Sure it doesn't help when i'm hearing team mates f*****g and blinding at him during games. I'm sure we all know that some players respond to a metaphoric kick up the a*** and others need a metaphoric arm around the shoulder. The art of good man management is of course knowing how best to get the best out of a player. Hopefully we will start to improve in this respect starting Sunday.

I agree on Bakinson , he was excellent early season and it seems a lot of players have screamed at him lately , Maybe chipped away at his confidence. To see Pring and Harris return and Sheehan's and Forbes lack of game time it makes you wonder if Flynn prefers the battle hardened league 2 players. Ironically, our results were better with Forbes and Sheehan in the team at the start of the season

tbh, As with you I think Flynn has done amazingly for us with resources etc but I have long thought that he seems a very good man manager and team spirit builder and signs and plays people who fit that bill -

for me in the long term I have always thought his next step is to show us he can spot a player and think and play tactically and on that we need to see how the team does from here on in -

as much as I disagree and dislike some of his players and faves (Dolan my biggest gripe) I think he has earnt the right to have a good punt and time at getting it right - And let’s see who is brought in this window but if I was city I would ask for Bakinson back if I’m being honest.

UTC

Totally agree mate about Bakinson he seems to think that he can cruise through a game showing his obvious skills and talent but not doing the ugly part of the game ie. pressing, chasing back and being more aggressive. On what I have seen lucky Flynn is still keeping him.
Happy New Year NCFC Hippy and see you Sunday. SM

Alan G Bryant wrote:I agree on Bakinson , he was excellent early season and it seems a lot of players have screamed at him lately , Maybe chipped away at his confidence. To see Pring and Harris return and Sheehan's and Forbes lack of game time it makes you wonder if Flynn prefers the battle hardened league 2 players. Ironically, our results were better with Forbes and Sheehan in the team at the start of the season
Re Bakinson, could it be that opponents have sussed him out?

Cornish Exile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:I agree on Bakinson , he was excellent early season and it seems a lot of players have screamed at him lately , Maybe chipped away at his confidence. To see Pring and Harris return and Sheehan's and Forbes lack of game time it makes you wonder if Flynn prefers the battle hardened league 2 players. Ironically, our results were better with Forbes and Sheehan in the team at the start of the season
Re Bakinson, could it be that opponents have sussed him out?
Yes i'm sure opponents have sussed out not only Bakinson but the team as a whole. I think we surprised a number of teams in the first 3 months of the season, especially away from home. Perhaps we were underestimated also. Don't think we have picked up any away points since October. Most posters have expressed dissatisfaction with the midfields lack of physicality and combativeness, not helped by numerous injuries admittedly. I'm sure opposition managers have picked up on this. Unfortunately Bakinson, Sheehan or Willmott's strengths do not include these qualities.