Re: Touting

Yes, I was a bit surprised to read that he had not received any offers yet. It's only just been announced that he had asked for a contract extension. I read it as he was hoping Podge has a good game on Sunday then the offers will come in. Good business I suppose but oh so sad.

DT1892 wrote:Don't think clubs need Flynn to tout him in the media to bid for Amond, we're hardly Forest Green. Once decent bid and he'll be off.
Well that’s true enough, back in the day when we tried being a buying as opposed to a selling club, it all went pear-shaped pretty soon after! So yes you’re correct but will he go in this window d’you think?

lowandhard wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Don't think clubs need Flynn to tout him in the media to bid for Amond, we're hardly Forest Green. Once decent bid and he'll be off.
Well that’s true enough, back in the day when we tried being a buying as opposed to a selling club, it all went pear-shaped pretty soon after! So yes you’re correct but will he go in this window d’you think?
Every club is a selling club if you bid enough.

Don't think we're going down, so financially we'd probably get more for him if he goes in this window. If he is off, I'd rather the summer.

My view only.

Amond has signed an extension, which makes him a less attractive target for other clubs.

Reading between the lines, and to be clear I could be wrong and highandwide could be right, but for me I don't think Amond was being touted.

I do think Bristol Rovers have lost interest in Flynn.

Just an opinion folks.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic or naïve, but as statements seem to suggest that Amond himself was the instigator of the triggering of the extension, coupled with his recent call for the majority of the squad to be kept, would suggest he is happy and settled at the club. Of course everyone has their price and it seems to me that MF is suggesting that it take a substantial bid to prise him away. But what constitutes a substantial bid ?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Maybe I'm being overly optimistic or naïve, but as statements seem to suggest that Amond himself was the instigator of the triggering of the extension, coupled with his recent call for the majority of the squad to be kept, would suggest he is happy and settled at the club. Of course everyone has their price and it seems to me that MF is suggesting that it take a substantial bid to prise him away. But what constitutes a substantial bid ?

Given his age anywhere upwards of £50k , IMO

A great player at our level but only has two , possibly 3 years at such a high level.....

neilcork68 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Maybe I'm being overly optimistic or naïve, but as statements seem to suggest that Amond himself was the instigator of the triggering of the extension, coupled with his recent call for the majority of the squad to be kept, would suggest he is happy and settled at the club. Of course everyone has their price and it seems to me that MF is suggesting that it take a substantial bid to prise him away. But what constitutes a substantial bid ?

Given his age anywhere upwards of £50k , IMO

A great player at our level but only has two , possibly 3 years at such a high level.....

I would put it anywhere upwards of £300k