Re: Leicester Banner

It is tragic what happened to their Chairman, but I am not a fan of this, people forget that Leicester City were fined heavily for breaching the financial fair play rules in winning promotion from the championship. It is easier to achieve the impossible if you do not mind breaking the rules.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Not a fan of this, people forget that Leicester City were fined heavily for breaching the financial fair play rules in winning promotion from the championship. It is easier to achieve the impossible if you do not mind breaking the rules.

I’m not really a fan of it but it hardly makes us look like ‘absolute helmets’ hey?

Exile 1976 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Not a fan of this, people forget that Leicester City were fined heavily for breaching the financial fair play rules in winning promotion from the championship. It is easier to achieve the impossible if you do not mind breaking the rules.

I’m not really a fan of it but it hardly makes us look like ‘absolute helmets’ hey?
Of course not , it is a nice gesture and the spirit of the Cup, but if I was a fan of the team that did not get promoted in 2014 after adhering to the FFP, I would despise Leicester.

Personally I think its awful. The family should be allowed to grieve without constant reminders every team they play against. Banners in the next game or two after the incident enough but it was over two months ago.

I'm sure it is done with good intentions but I don't get it myself. Let them move on lads.

newgroundrodney wrote:When Chelsea chairman Matthew Harding died in very similar circumstances, what was the reaction of the football world?... (genuine question, cos I can't remember)
If I remember rightly, a little less than the late Leicester chairman, apart from having a stand named after him.

well fook me never av done that in the 80s.what about thank you for lettin us play you and make a bit of cash doffs hat grovel grovel dont beat us too badly will you they are not even in our colours
Last edited by Trev on January 4th, 2019, 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.