Re: Leicester Banner

DT1892 wrote:It's a nice gesture. Response from Leicester fans on twitter is all positive.
Maybe I'm old skool but I couldn't give two flying ones what Leicester fans think. Football is about tribal rivalry. We should be making it as intimidating as possible for them, not kissing their arses. One step away from linking arms in car park pre-match singing kumbaya :roll:

Different strokes and all that I suppose.

Caerleon Exile wrote:
DT1892 wrote:It's a nice gesture. Response from Leicester fans on twitter is all positive.
Maybe I'm old skool but I couldn't give two flying ones what Leicester fans think. Football is about tribal rivalry. We should be making it as intimidating as possible for them, not kissing their arses. One step away from linking arms in car park pre-match singing kumbaya :roll:

Different strokes and all that I suppose.
I'm sure they'll all be chanting and creating an intimidating atmosphere as well. It's possible to do both.

Making memorial banners for people we have no connection with, and had probably never even heard of Newport County.

It's nice enough I guess just a bit weird if you ask me.

If we get Liverpool in the next round perhaps we can get one made that says " bill shankly, thanks for showing us that people from poor cities can have good football teams".

So far this has been unanimously praised by a mass of Leicester fans. We've been approached by a local Leicester journalist who is doing a piece in their local paper about it. Also being featured on a BBC documentary on the club. The motivation is to honour a man who helped an underdog achieve the impossible. Not only that but gave generously to the Leicester community and even put his hand in his pockets for their fans. For us he would've been a dream owner. The kind of person that should be appreciated and celebrated throughout the football community

Taffweigan wrote:So far this has been unanimously praised by a mass of Leicester fans. We've been approached by a local Leicester journalist who is doing a piece in their local paper about it. Also being featured on a BBC documentary on the club. The motivation is to honour a man who helped an underdog achieve the impossible. Not only that but gave generously to the Leicester community and even put his hand in his pockets for their fans. For us he would've been a dream owner. The kind of person that should be appreciated and celebrated throughout the football community
I entirely support your right to express yourself as you wish.

However if you wish to defend yourself from the accusation that some seem to be making that you are wallowing in the grief of others I'm not sure entering into an unseemly row over a dead man is the way to go about it.