Re: Leicester Banner

pembsexile wrote:Good grief. Only at Newport County could we have a disagreement about a well intentioned (albeit badly timed) banner in support of officials at Leicester.

I'd better write to the County asking for belated permission for the County tattoo I had done on my upper right arm. Hopefully they won't sue me about it because it is not on public display. I don't know now if I'll be able to sleep before the game with worry.

You just could not make this up, you really couldn't.
You think you’ve got problems, I never asked permission before I had “NewportCountyAFCweareexiles” tattooed on my dick, admittedly also seldom on public display. :oops:

lowandhard wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Good grief. Only at Newport County could we have a disagreement about a well intentioned (albeit badly timed) banner in support of officials at Leicester.

I'd better write to the County asking for belated permission for the County tattoo I had done on my upper right arm. Hopefully they won't sue me about it because it is not on public display. I don't know now if I'll be able to sleep before the game with worry.

You think you’ve got problems, I never asked permission before I had “NewportCountyAFCweareexiles” tattooed on my dick, admittedly also seldom on public display. :oops:
Congratulations Mike, you win the prize for the best post on this thread :cheers: Can't beat a good dose of humour.

pembsexile wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Congratulations Mike, you win the prize for the best post on this thread :cheers: Can't beat a good dose of humour.

Yes well it was bad enough with Highandwide going on about his dick. Now having Pembs talking about a good dose really is bringing our board down to a new low.

You should both be very ashamed of yourselves. :grin:

It is very frustrating not being able to quote a post when more than three have previously replied. Aarrrrrgh :grin: What I wanted to say in reply was 'it is nice to see humour and p***taking has prevailed without getting too personal. I wish we could have more of it on this board. :cheers:

Caerleon Exile wrote:
DT1892 wrote:It's a nice gesture. Response from Leicester fans on twitter is all positive.
Maybe I'm old skool but I couldn't give two flying ones what Leicester fans think. Football is about tribal rivalry. We should be making it as intimidating as possible for them, not kissing their arses. One step away from linking arms in car park pre-match singing kumbaya :roll:

Different strokes and all that I suppose.
I think youre wide of the mark here.

Firstly, we dont have a tribal rivalry between us. We dont have a tribal rivalry with anyone to be honest. You made a great atmosphere today and this wouldnt have been diminished for the banners or enhanced by having no banners.

Secondly, if youre worried that you look like grief tourists, or that you look tinpot to outsiders for the banners, you dont. Your banners would be warmly received by 99.9% of Leicester fans.

Obviously Vichai had a big love of Leicester City. Legend has it that he was persuaded to buy the club by his son, Aiyawatt or as we know him "Top", because Top went to Wembley to watch us play vs Middlesboro in the Coca Cola final, and he fell in love with us. Top has told the story to us.

It wasnt JUST about the football, but how many owners/chairmen these days are idiots? good owners and chairmen like Vichai, Sheikh Mansour, Steve Gibson, theyre in a minority. Look how many clubs end up with people like Mike Ashley, others down the leagues. Vichai actually made an effort to connect with the fans and was approachable. He used to give away free beer, or give everyone a fiver each for food and drink at away games.

He also did a lot for the community, donating heavily to the hospitals, and to projects at Leicester University.

So trust me, the vast vast majority of Leicester fans dont see your gesture as tin pot.

South London Exile wrote:Found it quite embarrassing personally.

Me too, but chwarae teg to the Leicester supporters for viewing it positively, and to the gracious way some of their supporters congratulated us on our glorious victory.

Have to add well done to the Amber Army for creating such a good atmosphere from the off, and especially for their encouragement of the team when we conceded. Even got this old fossil off his feet and chanting. Keep up the good work/