Re: EXILES GRANDSTAND: Leicester City FA Cup R3

Exile 1976 wrote:Great performance. Really enjoyed that.
Agreed. Looking forward to the MOM thread. Immensely proud of the boys today. Bodies on the line and we wanted it more than they did.

Overall MOM though - their number 10, think it was Maddison (maybe wrong), some player. I know the opposition was quite lowly for him but the way he played reminded me of Andres Iniesta. Not quite in his class of course but similar attributes, dominating, twisting and turning and putting in slide rule passes.

SwanseaJack wrote:just thought I would drop in to say massive congratulations, well done county.

you don't half like the FA cup don't you?? :cheers: :cheers:

well played, well fought, well done for keeping your heads high after conceding.

next question is...… who do you want next round?

Enjoy your night lads.
Dioch am hynny. An all welsh club clash in the 4th round will be interesting .Who could that incude? Oh silly me there's only 2 left in.

Leicester fan in peace.

Fair play to your boys today, what a superb backs to the wall full of effort performance you put in today. Sure you rode your luck at times but so what, your first goal was a great goal and frankly i thought first half you were the better team.

Yes, in the second half when Maddison came on we had more possession and looked like we could threaten but your lads were putting bodies on the line constantly and even when we got our goal, I sort of assumed youd fold and we would win, but you were having none of it. Lord knows what Albrighton was doing sticking his arm up to block the cross, Amond took the penalty so coolly.

Problem STILL is that when a team camps against us we cant break em down. Couldnt break Cardiff down the other week. Been going with the Ndidi-Mendy-Hamza central 3 a lot recently with Maddison wide left drifting into a number 10 slot, Chilwell on the overlap. Thats alright against the bigger teams to give us a solid base, but weve never looked good against a packed defence, so little technical ability in midfield and then without Vardy, we dont carry enough threat.

Youd got 3 players in particular that I thought looked great today, the youngster from Bristol City (Semanyo?), Amond, and the defender that looks like Emmanuel Petit. Sorry cant remember the guys name unfortunately.

Id much rather have a guy like Amond as a back up striker to Vardy than Ihaenacho. He's ******* useless, he doesnt use any physicality, he doesnt make any clever runs to stretch the play or buy a couple of yards, he cant head it, and when he does get a sight of goal which is a miracle in itself hes the most unnatural finisher ever like in the Fulham game when he was clean through on goal, panicked, stuck his head down and whacked it straight at the keeper. We spent £25 million quid on this potato and he was bossed all game by your lads.

As usual, on our forum its half pragmatic, half full on meltdown AS USUAL. Thats because our fan base and messageboard is infiltrated with whiny little entitled teenagers. Those whiny little gimps were around in the O'Neill days when despite winning league cups and regular top 10 Prem finishes they STILL moaned.

Fact is the underdog over the course of 90 mins can win a cup tie. Thats the beauty of the FA Cup. Yeah, weve been on the end of one today and itll sting for a bit like it did when we lost in the quarters to Wycombe all those years ago, but fact is the team was capable of winning today and we didnt.

Your boys deserved it 100%

Now hope you draw Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool if they win, Arsenal away, have a big day out and earn lots of money in the process.

Fox_In_The_Box wrote:Leicester fan in peace.

Fair play to your boys today, what a superb backs to the wall full of effort performance you put in today. Sure you rode your luck at times but so what, your first goal was a great goal and frankly i thought first half you were the better team.

Yes, in the second half when Maddison came on we had more possession and looked like we could threaten but your lads were putting bodies on the line constantly and even when we got our goal, I sort of assumed youd fold and we would win, but you were having none of it. Lord knows what Albrighton was doing sticking his arm up to block the cross, Amond took the penalty so coolly.

Problem STILL is that when a team camps against us we cant break em down. Couldnt break Cardiff down the other week. Been going with the Ndidi-Mendy-Hamza central 3 a lot recently with Maddison wide left drifting into a number 10 slot, Chilwell on the overlap. Thats alright against the bigger teams to give us a solid base, but weve never looked good against a packed defence, so little technical ability in midfield and then without Vardy, we dont carry enough threat.

Youd got 3 players in particular that I thought looked great today, the youngster from Bristol City (Semanyo?), Amond, and the defender that looks like Emmanuel Petit. Sorry cant remember the guys name unfortunately.

Id much rather have a guy like Amond as a back up striker to Vardy than Ihaenacho. He's ******* useless, he doesnt use any physicality, he doesnt make any clever runs to stretch the play or buy a couple of yards, he cant head it, and when he does get a sight of goal which is a miracle in itself hes the most unnatural finisher ever like in the Fulham game when he was clean through on goal, panicked, stuck his head down and whacked it straight at the keeper. We spent £25 million quid on this potato and he was bossed all game by your lads.

As usual, on our forum its half pragmatic, half full on meltdown AS USUAL. Thats because our fan base and messageboard is infiltrated with whiny little entitled teenagers. Those whiny little gimps were around in the O'Neill days when despite winning league cups and regular top 10 Prem finishes they STILL moaned.

Fact is the underdog over the course of 90 mins can win a cup tie. Thats the beauty of the FA Cup. Yeah, weve been on the end of one today and itll sting for a bit like it did when we lost in the quarters to Wycombe all those years ago, but fact is the team was capable of winning today and we didnt.

Now hope you draw Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool if they win, Arsenal away, have a big day out and earn lots of money in the process.
Diolch am hynny. Thanks for that. And having the dignity and integrity to write such a narrative in defeat. Best of luck to you for the rest of your season

Fox_In_The_Box wrote:Leicester fan in peace.

Great post. Thanks, all the best for the rest of the season

Good Evening!

Just got back and can hardly believe what we have just seen!
Reality is sweet indeed, I knew we had the capability to win this, our fighting spirit really kicks in when needed and we out battled the opposition today.
Regardless of not being their “best” team , their qualities as premier league squad players is a good few levels above our League Two players but they didn’t show the desire, the passion and the determination that our lads did.
A fantastic memory and capped of nicely for us bumping into and chatting with Matty Dolan at Magor services on the way home

Well done lads, we’re proud of you!

Phil in Northampton