Re: The GILLINGHAM v CARDIFF attendance....

Exile 1976 wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:Surely the size of the away support depends on how much of the ground is allocated to away fans. If the away enclosure is only 650 then Cardiff could have pretty much sold out their allocation.

They've got to be given 15% haven't they though?
Away end at Gills is huge, well over 650. Hard to believe Gills wouldn’t let Cardiff fill it if demand was there.

Exile 1976 wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:Surely the size of the away support depends on how much of the ground is allocated to away fans. If the away enclosure is only 650 then Cardiff could have pretty much sold out their allocation.

They've got to be given 15% haven't they though?
Does that apply if they choose not to open part of the ground? Looking at the limited TV clips, I'm still not sure where the Cardiff fans were located. I thought the away section was the large uncovered end but that seemed empty, certainly one side of it. Perhaps they open sections of the ground according to how many tickets are sold. I assume Cardiff weren't denied their 15%.

newgroundrodney wrote:Strikes me as a bit on the disappointing side: 7090 including 642 from Cardiff City.....all together now, "is that all you take away?"...
In the final analysis, our gate today may not be so bad at all in comparison to those two teams.... Makes Leicester's following today seem massive.
I think the allocation was 1,100 at £25 an adult ticket, this is the first game that City haven't sold their allocation
Bournemouth 1,300, Huddersfield 2,261, Chelsea 2,924, Spurs 3,114, Liverpool 2,936, Everton 2,792, WHU 2,042, Watford 2,076, Palace 1,700 & Leicester 2,246 with Newcastle next Saturday week.

Well done today thought County we fantastic & well deserved it