Re: FA Cup Draw Discussion: Middlesborough Away

Marky wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Radicle, however not necessarily ridiculous, but given the distance could we consider chartering our own plane?
Out of curiosity I obtained an indicative price for a Boeing 757-300 which seats 250 in comfort from https://www.privatefly.com/, and the return cost from Bristol to Newcastle, leaving at 10am and returning at 8pm on Saturday 26th came out at a reasonable £115 return. Flight time is about an hour each way. Of course there would be the added coach cost from Newcastle to Middlesbrough. Cardiff could also be the departure airport if preferred.
The big risk is whether the demand would be there.
That’s very interesting. What I find really offensive is that I was considering travelling by train because my wife and I are doing a mini Yorkshire holiday for about a week , the rail fare even booking now is £332 with at least a couple of changes , what a scandalous extortion that is. Our railways really are a f*cking joke. It’d cost double that first class no doubt. I’ll have to drive of course, cramping my style a bit.
The railways need every penny they can get.
They’re not getting it from me, the robbing b@stards, you can’t justify that price for pulling coaches with a Diesel engine on pre-existing tracks when flying would be much cheaper. At that bloody price , they should be able to build a track to nearly everybody’s front gate. A few years ago I travelled on a Eurostar in Italy from Milan to Lake Garda in luxury for 11 euros, our railways are a bloody disaster.

Re: FA Cup Draw Discussion: Middlesborough Away

whoareya wrote:
JonD wrote:Ooh. That’d interest me.

It’d be a heck of a job filling a 250 seater, mind.
But how would we know if it was fully booked.
What if the airline just sells 200 seats, says it's a sell-out then covers the remaining 50 seats with green netting.......

People might miss out and I'm concerned.
I'm sure, as temporary owners of the aircraft, we'd be informed. Failure to do so would be negligible under the Boring C{_}nts act of 1974.