Re: FA Cup Draw Discussion: Middlesborough Away

Good evening

So I had to google to find that dog's name, to create an account :D

The FA cup is always special and lower ranked teams can often knock out favorites. In this case I think we can run over you, if we can play with the same attacking intent that was the drive force in the 5-0 thrashing of Peterborough this round.

In the league we struggle scoring cause Mr. Pulis from Newport sets his team up in a very negative way...

Hopefully the Newport connection and you being a possible slayer of "giants" .. the game might be televised.

I wish you a good game and hopefully a lot of you will travel, even though you couldn't get any longer distance from home to travel except Toons

SmoggyVisitor wrote:Good evening

The FA cup is always special and lower ranked teams can often knock out favorites. In this case I think we can run over you, if we can play with the same attacking intent that was the drive force in the 5-0 thrashing of Peterborough this round.

In the league we struggle scoring cause Mr. Pulis from Newport sets his team up in a very negative way...

Hopefully the Newport connection and you being a possible slayer of "giants" .. the game might be televised.

I wish you a good game and hopefully a lot of you will travel, even though you couldn't get any longer distance from home to travel except Toons
Not sure I follow the dogs name bit to create an account, but thanks for your friendly contact. I notice you have conceded the least amount of goals in your league.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Not sure I follow the dogs name bit to create an account, but thanks for your friendly contact. I notice you have conceded the least amount of goals in your league.
In order to create an account, I had to type in the name of your clubs mascot, which I had to google ;)

Yes our defense is Pulis rock solid

Fancy the trip tbh. Will make a good long weekend and North Yorkshire and environs very nice place to visit. Long drive though. Pulis will feel right at home with the accents that weekend, let’s hope it rattles Tony a bit , maybe he’ll quake to hear it a bit like the Skripals when they hear a Russian accent in Salisbury :grin:

Radicle, however not necessarily ridiculous, but given the distance could we consider chartering our own plane?
Out of curiosity I obtained an indicative price for a Boeing 757-300 which seats 250 in comfort from https://www.privatefly.com/, and the return cost from Bristol to Newcastle, leaving at 10am and returning at 8pm on Saturday 26th came out at a reasonable £115 return. Flight time is about an hour each way. Of course there would be the added coach cost from Newcastle to Middlesbrough. Cardiff could also be the departure airport if preferred.
The big risk is whether the demand would be there.

SmoggyVisitor wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

In order to create an account, I had to type in the name of your clubs mascot, which I had to google ;)

Yes our defense is Pulis rock solid
Ok understand now. Spytty (pronounced spit tee ) has been a very exciteable dog since Sunday; have had to keep him on a short leash ever since in case he gets too carried away.
Unfortunately i don't expect large numbers travelling to the game, mainly due to the distance, and the fact we are not a well supported club numbers wise. Rugby is still better supported in this neck of the woods.
Do you know how many Peterborough supporters attended R3? What is your understanding as to when we last played each other?