Re: FA Cup Draw Discussion: Middlesborough Away

Apols if this has been posted already. Just looking at the ties and last year's TV games to see the chances of Boro v County being on the box.
(Last year's announcement was on the Thursday after the draw):

Friday 26 January
Yeovil Town v Manchester United (7.55pm) BBC One

Saturday 27 January
Peterborough United v Fleetwood Town or Leicester City (12.30pm) BT Sport 2
Newport County v Tottenham Hotspur (5.30pm) BT Sport 2
Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion (7.45pm) BT Sport 2

Sunday 28 January
Norwich City or Chelsea v Newcastle United (1.30pm) BT Sport 2
Cardiff City or Mansfield Town v Manchester City (4pm) BBC One

This year - I think the following will be picked:
Arsenal v Man Utd (likely Saturday - both sides in PL on the Tuesday after)
Palace v Tottenham (likely Sunday - Spurs in the League Cup on the Thursday before)
Millwall v Everton (likely Friday night or Saturday - Everton in PL on the Tuesday after)
Wimbledon v West Ham (likely Friday night or Saturday - West Ham in PL on the Tuesday after)
Barnet v Brentford - just feels like this one will be on TV

That leaves one spot left for TV. I think it's one of four - and bear in mind they pick TV games before the replays get played, so BBC/BT will be making a call...

Middlesbrough v Newport
Accrington Stanley v Derby / Southampton - if Southampton get through, this could be an upset
Shrewsbury / Stoke v Wolves - if Shrewsbury get through
Chelsea v Sheff Wed / Luton - BBC's penchant for picking PL sides at home to lower league opposition

Almost certainly not picked:
Doncaster v Oldham
Swansea v Gillingham
Portsmouth v QPR
Man City v Burnley
Newcastle / Blackburn v Watford
Bristol City v Bolton
Brighton v West Bromwich

Thoughts? Aiming to get up to the game anyway, but should it get moved for TV could make the trip a bit more difficult (note no Monday games last year)

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Radicle, however not necessarily ridiculous, but given the distance could we consider chartering our own plane?
Out of curiosity I obtained an indicative price for a Boeing 757-300 which seats 250 in comfort from https://www.privatefly.com/, and the return cost from Bristol to Newcastle, leaving at 10am and returning at 8pm on Saturday 26th came out at a reasonable £115 return. Flight time is about an hour each way. Of course there would be the added coach cost from Newcastle to Middlesbrough. Cardiff could also be the departure airport if preferred.
The big risk is whether the demand would be there.
That’s very interesting. What I find really offensive is that I was considering travelling by train because my wife and I are doing a mini Yorkshire holiday for about a week , the rail fare even booking now is £332 with at least a couple of changes , what a scandalous extortion that is. Our railways really are a f*cking joke. It’d cost double that first class no doubt. I’ll have to drive of course, cramping my style a bit.

lowandhard wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Radicle, however not necessarily ridiculous, but given the distance could we consider chartering our own plane?
Out of curiosity I obtained an indicative price for a Boeing 757-300 which seats 250 in comfort from https://www.privatefly.com/, and the return cost from Bristol to Newcastle, leaving at 10am and returning at 8pm on Saturday 26th came out at a reasonable £115 return. Flight time is about an hour each way. Of course there would be the added coach cost from Newcastle to Middlesbrough. Cardiff could also be the departure airport if preferred.
The big risk is whether the demand would be there.
That’s very interesting. What I find really offensive is that I was considering travelling by train because my wife and I are doing a mini Yorkshire holiday for about a week , the rail fare even booking now is £332 with at least a couple of changes , what a scandalous extortion that is. Our railways really are a f*cking joke. It’d cost double that first class no doubt. I’ll have to drive of course, cramping my style a bit.
The railways need every penny they can get.