Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

[quote="Fourthousand"

Why are you looking for his job title? I sincerely hope it's not to get to his identity? Lots of people did and have done practical supportive things, not just or only the directors of the club.[/quote]

I don't give a shit who he is. And he will never identify himself.

I doubt he is one of the original directors, but if you read the posts he is clearly implying that he is. What I am trying to do is expose his hypocrisy. Although anyone claiming to be both the creator and the Hand of Lucifer has probably identified himself as such anyway. :grin: :grin:

Firstly many thanks Lucifer for all your efforts all those years ago
Still smirking at the "I was the fixer" comment as it sounds like something out of the Sopranos.
Where you have slipped up though is telling Stan he has done nothing for our club which is clearly incorrect as per his post above.
Hundreds of us have spent tens of thousands over the years on this great club of ours.
My dear late Dad and myself from the early fifties for example plus myself substantial shares in the club.
Have we done nothing then?
A little bit pompous Lucifer.
This again is an unofficial notice board and whether you like what is said within reason I defend every poster write to state what they think.
Thanks for your efforts but respect the freedom we have to state what we think.
Its still not North Korea.
I certainly do not agree with certain points made on this board by Stan and dozens of others but they must be able to have that right otherwise its time to knock this forum on the head.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:[quote="Fourthousand"

Why are you looking for his job title? I sincerely hope it's not to get to his identity? Lots of people did and have done practical supportive things, not just or only the directors of the club.

I don't give a shit who he is. And he will never identify himself.

I doubt he is one of the original directors, but if you read the posts he is clearly implying that he is. What I am trying to do is expose his hypocrisy. Although anyone claiming to be both the creator and the Hand of Lucifer has probably identified himself as such anyway. :grin: :grin:[/quote]

I don't think he is implying such. For me; imo ,he is showing frustration around the issue that there are people who contribute positively and those who come across as constant critics of most that the club does. I know you have your 'fan club' (the one you thanked in the EVERYTHING ELSE section) on the back of criticising the club/ SEATGATE/Video blog etc. but to me I feel that it is always about YOU and the club just conveniently is the conduit.

I do sincerely feel that you believe youself to be intellectually superior to all others on this board. It might suprise you (but it shouldn't) that there are many brighter/ more articulate/smarter and certainly more qualified people here than you.. (and I might add that I do not claim to be one of these posters myself as I haven't got a certificate to my name however I never had to train for the Bar - it just.came natural to me and ssimilarly for all my mates).

I love Newport County - but I feel its a different type of love to your love of the club - I don't think you are good for the club, you are a detractor imo - therefore you are not my type of man and when I hear you spouting off stuff I'm going to challenge you for sure. So there are those people you.like you and your views/like your challenging demeanour etc and, no doubt the owner of this board probably likes you also because you increase the volume of 'chatter with your views... but I'm not in either of those camps.

ps and before you repeat yourself, I play the ball not the man - It's just that you keep kicking the ball in my direction...

Fourthousand wrote:
I do sincerely feel that you believe youself to be intellectually superior to all others on this board.

You are wrong.

I am certainly no more gifted in terms of emotional intelligence than most people. I far to often fire from the hip. I can be on many occasions bombastic and too determined to win an argument rather than persuade. Worse at times I can be a complete idiot, Far too often engaging in petty little squabbles. And my academic record, while good, is far from outstanding. I'm also convinced that intelligence is probably an overrated virtue. Hard work mattering so much more than some artificial gift over which we have no control.

I also would never use a term like intellectually superior. A ridiculous and arrogant word to use or claim. Also I am certain that there are people who come on this board who have a higher IQ than me. I certainly met many in my twenty years as a barrister.

You are wrong. But with an IQ of 148 I suspect I am not intellectually inferior to most of the people on this board either.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
I do sincerely feel that you believe youself to be intellectually superior to all others on this board.

You are wrong.

I am certainly no more gifted in terms of emotional intelligence than most people. I far to often fire from the hip. I can be on many occasions bombastic and too determined to win an argument rather than persuade. Worse at times I can be a complete idiot, Far too often engaging in petty little squabbles. And my academic record, while good, is far from outstanding. I'm also convinced that intelligence is probably an overrated virtue. Hard work mattering so much more than some artificial gift over which we have no control.

I also would never use a term like intellectually superior. A ridiculous and arrogant word to use or claim. Also I am certain that there are people who come on this board who have a higher IQ than me. I certainly met many in my twenty years as a barrister.

You are wrong. But with an IQ of 148 I suspect I am not intellectually inferior to most of the people on this board either.
Have you taken a paid for bona fide test with MENSA recently as all my Mate's down the working men's club can beat that hand'ss down with supposedly accurate online tests - it appears we have a Nation of geniuses but as you say emotional intelligence and common sense and hardwork for me everyday - I simply discount all that IQ stuff because in a team of one it's a one trick pony and that seldom works well.

Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:

You are wrong.

Have you taken a paid for bona fide test with MENSA recently as all my Mate's down the working men's club can beat that hand'ss down with supposedly accurate online tests - it appears we have a Nation of geniuses but as you say emotional intelligence and common sense and hardwork for me everyday - I simply discount all that IQ stuff because in a team of one it's a one trick pony and that seldom works well.
Course not. I wouldn't join an elitist bunch of pr!cks like that.i

This is a response to Frank's post above: Hello Frank, thanks for your post and highlighting potential for misunderstanding in my post you refer. I am certainly not one of the put up or shut up brigade. I approach everyone who contributes to our club with respect, be they a casual supporter, a die hard , a volunteer or employee and the directors and thank them for every penny or minute they contribute. My criticism in this thread is contained to one poster for whom I have lost whatever respect I had (and you will understand I am not going over that again). As for the "fixer" ref, at the Hellenic league AGM when we were elected into the league, a director of one of the clubs came to congratulate us. He said " I'm our club's fixer". He saw the confusion on my face and said "That's what we call your job, we all have em".

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:

You are wrong.

Sounds like a similar I.Q. to Donald Trump.

Handolucifer wrote:This is a response to Frank's post above: Hello Frank, thanks for your post and highlighting potential for misunderstanding in my post you refer. I am certainly not one of the put up or shut up brigade. I approach everyone who contributes to our club with respect, be they a casual supporter, a die hard , a volunteer or employee and the directors and thank them for every penny or minute they contribute. My criticism in this thread is contained to one poster for whom I have lost whatever respect I had (and you will understand I am not going over that again). As for the "fixer" ref, at the Hellenic league AGM when we were elected into the league, a director of one of the clubs came to congratulate us. He said " I'm our club's fixer". He saw the confusion on my face and said "That's what we call your job, we all have em".
Good evening Lucifer, appreciate the response.
In a perfect world there would be no insults and sniping but alas this is a football forum.
Hence so many excellent contributors no longer post on here.
No idea why there is so much anger and grief but hey ho really appreciate your efforts in the past and maybe currently (I have no idea)
One day maybe I will be able to help a little more this superb club of ours.
All the best
Frank (still think i could do a good job up front for you) :wink:

Frank, I suspect you ,and your Dad , have contributed blood , sweat, and, we all know, HUGE amount of tears for our club. The money goes without saying! It is beyond belief that our ( strangely replicating) hardcore of 3000 have sustained this club for over 100 years. I do struggle with imagining where our next generation of supporters will come from. I live in Exeter. I am not on the local pulse. Do you think there are enough people with time and skills to come together in Newport to form a group who can take us forward? I think the current directors are doing a good job, bearing in mind they have their day jobs. My ideal would be for a group of local fans to form a group, who report to and have the confidence (and authority) of, the directors, to investigate the options of our long term home. on another thread, the focus is on a sustainable business model. I agree . Whilst that is developed, the future needs to be designed. We have 4 options. Manage a long term residency at RP, Develop Spytty, Build our own ground, Ground share elsewhere. Clearly money is the top of the list of facilitation. However, in this day and age of technology , it is not that hard to create a feasibility study for each of these options. Clearly, reference will need to be made to the requisite league facility requirements. I will be happy to contribute what I can but, if it can happen, a group of local people will be necessary to take it forward.