Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

I have just dipped into some other threads. Utterly perplexed at Stan’s sniping about the supposed problem about sell out or not. Our team have just achieved one of the greatest upsets in FA Cup history and, certainly, one of our greatest ever results. Yet we have so called supporters, I.e. Stan, trying to yet again undermine our club. Grow up! and applaud the players, management , volunteers and administrators who provide us with such pleasure.

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Tell me lads do you go to sleep at nights having homoerotic thoughts about me? It's flattering but as a 61 year old married man I have to tell you it's never going to happen.

Sorry. 8)
Do I have homoerotic thoughts about you?

After seeing the state of your boat race on your videos I think I can quite confidently state the answer is no.

That’s said looks are not everything and I’m sure you have a lovely nature and a great personality. Or not.....

Lenwearesaved wrote:I read this board a lot but don't like all these nasty arguments so don't get involved. I cant say I always agree with Stan but at least he is funny and makes me laugh. Really enjoyed watching the game on match of the day. I thort Joe Day was our best player.
Hi mate,

Thanks for your kind words.

I was going to give you Joe Pesci's speech from Goodfellas, I amuse you etc. But checking your posts you're clearly too young to get the reference and I wouldn't want to scare you.

I think it's great that you don't always agree with me. Only idiots agree all the time. No names but just read this thread. Don't be intimidated by people who remain nameless and never write anything constructive but merely abuse. They wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.

Most of all, express your opinions, listen to those who construct arguments which disagree with your own opinion. But most importantly enjoy everything you do.

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Tell me lads do you go to sleep at nights having homoerotic thoughts about me? It's flattering but as a 61 year old married man I have to tell you it's never going to happen.

Sorry. 8)
Do I have homoerotic thoughts about you?

After seeing the state of your boat race on your videos I think I can quite confidently state the answer is no.

That’s said looks are not everything and I’m sure you have a lovely nature and a great personality. Or not.....
I agree. Were I gay we would never have worked out. Gay or straight I'd advise anyone who would make such an important decision as who to be a life partner with, on looks, just isn't worth it.

I agree also that my face is a state. Downright ugly in fact. And look what what the years did. Frown lines, smile lines, even the hint of a double chin. Clearly God was having an off day when He made me.

In fact the only thing that can be said for my face is that I'm not ashamed to show it in public. 8)

Just an observation. I thought this was a MB for Newport County fans ( tolerating the occasional visitor from teams we are due to play). Yet, above, we have posts from a declared “ex fan” of our club. None of those posts make even a football reference, let alone a reference to Newport County. I also notice this “ex fan” has been peppering the Newport County natter and the Everything Else Board with posts today. Not nice being on the ( self imposed) outside?
I for one will gladly accept his recanting of his “ex fan” position if he has the decency towards the rest of us. As I have said elsewhere, I will judge the message , not the messenger. However, when the message is, I am an “ex fan”, then, unless that changes, I for one, will not give him the time of day.

I now await either a simple statement from him that he has indeed been reborn as a true County fan or, a verbose and lengthy diatribe with his life lessons. Which should we expect?

I simply reiterate my point from my original post. Our team have just achieved one of the greatest upsets in FA Cup history. I am still enjoying the publicity and media references to our club as well as the sheer joy of the performance. I shall be wearing my County shirt, with pride,at Sidmouth 5 - a - side tomorrow.

I agree that I think Stan was wrong in both the timing and sentiment after the cup triumph. All most of us wanted was to share in the sheer joy of beating a Premier league side, and I was surprised to read his posts about not selling out etc.
Now, that said, I do feel that he is being rounded upon unnecessarily by a few. Almost every thread seems to deteriorate into a battle, and I think we do need a little bit of sense here. Stan knows only too well that I argue with a lot of his thoughts, but I like to think it's not for the sake of it.
Bottom line is, can we keep to the topic please?

The Cat wrote:I agree that I think Stan was wrong in both the timing and sentiment after the cup triumph. All most of us wanted was to share in the sheer joy of beating a Premier league side, and I was surprised to read his posts about not selling out etc.
Now, that said, I do feel that he is being rounded upon unnecessarily by a few. Almost every thread seems to deteriorate into a battle, and I think we do need a little bit of sense here. Stan knows only too well that I argue with a lot of his thoughts, but I like to think it's not for the sake of it.
Bottom line is, can we keep to the topic please?
First of all you have every right to disagree with anything I say.

The title of this thread is Newport County 2 Leicester City 1. If you read the opening post it has absolutely nothing to do with Newport County 2 Leicester City 1.

This board is supposed to be moderated. I know as does everyone who reads this board that there are a group of people, and I am happy to to confirm that Cat is not one of them, who deliberately hijack any thread which is seen to be critical of the administration of the club.

Thank you for your post.