Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11352

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 12th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Bangitintrnet wrote:
There's no F in Handolucifer ;-)

While we know David doesn't live in Exeter, why is it that you believe Handolucifer is a liar?




Course there is. My mistake is in thinking there were two. :wink:
no avatar
User

Bangitintrnet

Posts

273

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Bangitintrnet » January 12th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:
There's no F in Handolucifer ;-)

While we know David doesn't live in Exeter, why is it that you believe Handolucifer is a liar?




Course there is. My mistake is in thinking there were two. :wink:


So why do you believe he is a liar?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11352

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 12th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Bangitintrnet wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:
There's no F in Handolucifer ;-)

While we know David doesn't live in Exeter, why is it that you believe Handolucifer is a liar?




Course there is. My mistake is in thinking there were two. :wink:


So why do you believe he is a liar?


As I said I don't. He has not claimed to be an original director? So believing, as I do, that my great uncle Albert was right when he said that stupidity was doing the same thing over and expecting a different result I'm convinced he would of felt the same about asking the same question over and expecting a different answer.

So whilst I'm expecting more of the same i.e. not answering my question. let me give you another chance. Why do you believe handolucifer doesn't live in Exeter? And what on earth makes you think he is called David? :wink:
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

6193

Location

Sheffield

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Amberexile » January 12th, 2019, 12:49 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:
Whether Handoflucifer is an original director in charge of fixing for the renaissance Newport AFC I very much doubt but he and Len ain't the same.


There's no F in Handolucifer ;-)

While we know David doesn't live in Exeter, why is it that you believe Handolucifer is a liar?



I don't. He hasn't claimed to be an original director, has he?.

Help me, why do you believe he doesn't live in Exeter, and what on earth makes you think he's called David?[/quote]
Hando
David
Doesn't live in Exeter
Handolucifer with no f
Join the dots
No it isn't him
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11352

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 12th, 2019, 1:03 pm

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bangitintrnet wrote:
Whether Handoflucifer is an original director in charge of fixing for the renaissance Newport AFC I very much doubt but he and Len ain't the same.


There's no F in Handolucifer ;-)

While we know David doesn't live in Exeter, why is it that you believe Handolucifer is a liar?



I don't. He hasn't claimed to be an original director, has he?.

Help me, why do you believe he doesn't live in Exeter, and what on earth makes you think he's called David?

Hando
David
Doesn't live in Exeter
Handolucifer with no f
Join the dots
No it isn't him[/quote]

Is Bangitinthenet trying to imply I'm saying Handolucifer is David Hando? Because if he is he is being appallingly disingenuous. I confess that I had not seen the Hando in the Handolucifer. Thank you for pointing it out.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

6193

Location

Sheffield

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Amberexile » January 12th, 2019, 1:13 pm

I think he is saying the opposite. i.e. Handolucifer is not David Hando
I think he is right about that
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11352

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 12th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Amberexile wrote:I think he is saying the opposite. i.e. Handolucifer is not David Hando
I think he is right about that


Handolucifer is not David Hando. But look at what Bangitinthenet has written. Unless he believes I am saying I believe David Hando was not an original director his post is meaningless. If he is saying I am accusing David Hando as saying something as crass as I am the creator, I am the fixer, etc he should say so openly. To which I could reply don't talk such utter nonsense.

Still any excuse to attack me. Not that I worry about that. What is sad is that we have a big game v Crewe, I have tried to move on by making it clear that Handolucifer is not Lenwearegloved, and yet this is all some want to talk about.

On another thread Special branch makes that point. In any event Paul, have a safe trip to Crewe.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

6193

Location

Sheffield

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Amberexile » January 12th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Brenda, I was trying to help by explaining the hando reference.
Just left the best pub in Derby and on the train to Crewe where I will meet up with my son for the match. Having a great day so far.
In other news, can you believe the shite Give is coming out with today?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11352

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 12th, 2019, 1:56 pm

Amberexile wrote:Brenda, I was trying to help by explaining the hando reference.
Just left the best pub in Derby and on the train to Crewe where I will meet up with my son for the match. Having a great day so far.
In other news, can you believe the shite Give is coming out with today?


Brenda, who's Brenda? :grin:

Time I'm sure to start talking about football. Hope very much you and your son enjoy three points and three pints for that matter today.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

6193

Location

Sheffield

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Amberexile » January 12th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Brenda, I was trying to help by explaining the hando reference.
Just left the best pub in Derby and on the train to Crewe where I will meet up with my son for the match. Having a great day so far.
In other news, can you believe the shite Give is coming out with today?


Brenda, who's Brenda? :grin:

Time I'm sure to start talking about football. Hope very much you and your son enjoy three points and three pints for that matter today.


Oops, Brenda probably a result of best pub in Derby :grin: the Brunswick if anyone gets the chance
Already had 3 pints and hoping for more in The Corner Bar before ko :cheers:
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Posts

130

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » January 12th, 2019, 2:28 pm

Apologies to Lucifer and Pembs as I had composed a very lengthy reply yesterday but just before I hit the send button I lost my connection and all was lost. Not in the mood to start again then.
Anyway with the game coming up I will save a reply for another day.
i was going to bring up the continued lack of Open ess but lets leave it for now.
Amazing how contributors can try and wreck a thread.
Newport no idea where you are coming from but try reading a thread from the start.
I appreciate you are a youngster a long way further than Exeter but your comments are not of any help whatsoever.
On a lighter note thank goodness I bumped into my pal in the Curry House last night as I was looking forward to getting over RP this afternoon to watch Crewe. attendance of 1
Anyway for Low and Hard more reports of regulars being treated very poorly last Sunday in the Bisley. Stick to the Hazel for sure
Anyway lets turn attention to Crewe now
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

6154

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby pembsexile » January 12th, 2019, 2:30 pm

The Newport wrote:
Handolucifer wrote:Hello Len, what a brilliant post! 16 and in the North West! How did you find us? I see you have posted before but apologies for not knowing your connection with the club. You obviously know your club history with your ref to Len.A great keeper I saw in the 60's and 70's. Yes, and your skills and enthusiasm will be valuable if we can progress this. However, it does need to be driven by people in or around Newport with us far away folk contributing what we can. I hope somebody in Newport can step up to this.


I didn't realise that Len Played in the 70's?


A quick google check reveals that Len retired as a County player (his only club) in 1970 aged 36. I must admit, until I read that, I would have said he played into the early 70's. Age and memory eh?
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

2451

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Percy plunkett » January 12th, 2019, 2:37 pm

My first game was Aug 69 against York when Len played.He lost his place to Terry Lynch by the time of my next game early in 70 and just played once thereafter I think.He was a painter and decorator and needed some extra guys for a contract.I phoned him up but he had just filled the vacancies,just as well really as I would have been talking County to him all day instead of working probably.
no avatar
User

IMB

Posts

109

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby IMB » January 12th, 2019, 2:50 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:My first game was Aug 69 against York when Len played.He lost his place to Terry Lynch by the time of my next game early in 70 and just played once thereafter I think.He was a painter and decorator and needed some extra guys for a contract.I phoned him up but he had just filled the vacancies,just as well really as I would have been talking County to him all day instead of working probably.


I think he then went on to run a Newsagent in Crosskeys - opposite side of the road from the college about 100 yards north. It looks like its been turned back into a residential house now. Remember dealing with his grandson (?) in the early 1980's in what was then called home-computing!!!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11352

Re: Enjoy this! Newport County 2-Leicester City 1

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 12th, 2019, 3:53 pm

IMB wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:My first game was Aug 69 against York when Len played.He lost his place to Terry Lynch by the time of my next game early in 70 and just played once thereafter I think.He was a painter and decorator and needed some extra guys for a contract.I phoned him up but he had just filled the vacancies,just as well really as I would have been talking County to him all day instead of working probably.


I think he then went on to run a Newsagent in Crosskeys - opposite side of the road from the college about 100 yards north. It looks like its been turned back into a residential house now. Remember dealing with his grandson (?) in the early 1980's in what was then called home-computing!!!



Two things. First an apology. Too often too many threads have degenerated into slagging off matches. That has to stop. So for my part and to everyone I have ever upset, for whatever the reason my profound apologies. Further to everyone who has ever badmouthed me, I forgive you and shall we now draw a line under it? I certainly don't require or want and apology from anyone.

Of course I will continue with my robust views, but in future will endeavour confuse the action with the individual. To use the terminology it's not so much I play the man not the ball, but by great failing is that I too often play both.I ask only that if I do that again do that please point out my hypocrisy. By the same token if people insult me I will try to not respond in kind. Okay, that's my final word on the matter.

Secondly like Percy above my first game was York City but two years earlier in 1967. Dave Timpson a big signing from a rather inferior team called Leicester City. was the goal-keeper but lost form and Len won his place back. The last time I'm certain I saw Len play was v Aldershot over Christmas 1969. we led 3-0 before losing 4-3. I remember as I left Somerton Park hearing someone say that Len wasn't the 'keeper he used to be. That he retired at the end of the 69/70 season comes as no surprise.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pirates and 29 guests

Powered by phpBB ®