Re: Robbie Wilmott

Exile 1976 wrote:
County ranger wrote:So why a separate thread for one player - he put in a great cross and generally played well in a position he can manage but before you make out he is the best player we have take a look at the MOM thread.
The MoTD day highlights also revealed what we see week in week out - in sequence the great cross and then a diabolical piece of positioning and defending which almost cost us a goal.
It is a pity Ado that you have to bring it down to one player - yesterday was a great team performance

I agree, great team performance and Willmott played very well (though in my opinion there were at least 6/7 players that were better than him)
a) this is a fans forum, so I'm allowed to make a point
b) I think the amount of abuse he gets, it deserved to be pointed out separately
c) I don't have time to read through every single thread

is that okay with you ?

p.s I see you can't wait to have another pop.

Ado wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
County ranger wrote:So why a separate thread for one player - he put in a great cross and generally played well in a position he can manage but before you make out he is the best player we have take a look at the MOM thread.
The MoTD day highlights also revealed what we see week in week out - in sequence the great cross and then a diabolical piece of positioning and defending which almost cost us a goal.
It is a pity Ado that you have to bring it down to one player - yesterday was a great team performance

I agree, great team performance and Willmott played very well (though in my opinion there were at least 6/7 players that were better than him)
a) this is a fans forum, so I'm allowed to make a point
b) I think the amount of abuse he gets, it deserved to be pointed out separately
c) I don't have time to read through every single thread

is that okay with you ?

p.s I see you can't wait to have another pop.

Of course you’re allowed to make a point, though you will inevitably get comments on your posts, that’s how it works, don’t get so upset by it.
I think the ‘abuse’ he gets is usually aimed at the fact he’s a woeful centre mid, not his fault he’s played there, that’s down to Flynny but people will comment on his performance on this fans forum, again, that’s how it works.

Is that ok with you?

bedeck wrote:Keep the young left back in and play Dan Butler left winger to supply crosses from the left, Robbie right.
I’ve said the same myself especially when we have no regular mfs like Crofts and Labadie to create chances and apart from a couple of fans who just don’t like Wilmott I think most fans just have an issue about what position he is picked to play. The accumulated football knowledge of the fans is considerable and I suggest we know by now what is his best position and how effective he can be there.

The cross for the first goal was exquisite. It set up our win. He does everything right. He sees the box he needs to play in to. He took a couple of strides with the ball before knocking it long. Which took out their full back. His cross was so good that even with the mistimed jump it ended up in the goal.

I can't comment on other games I have not seen. On Sunday for that vision, movement and cross alone, he was my man of the match.

Oh dear, I think I am going to be controversial. The cross for the goal was absolutely superb. If it had been measured beforehand he or anyone else could not have put it in a better place. Brilliant.

I agree with the previous poster who said that there were probably 5/6 better players on the pitch than him. Where he disappointed was in his lack of tackling and on one occasion his mistake on the Bisley side nearly cost us dearly.

He is a brilliant wide man and I would always have him in the team for that. His pace is superb. I think he frightens some defenders, it is good to see. He does tend to keep his best performances for the camera, I wish he would do it more often. Great attacking performance. Mom, for me, no way.

As said elsewhere, the provider of our most important goals in the last two years ( from a financial point of view ) has been Mr Robbie Willmott.

As also said elsewhere. Robbie's best position is right sided midfield / winger.

Robbie, ignore the knockers and keep being the provider of our most dangerous attacking play from the right hand side.

Up the County.

Several posters have said that Willmott keeps his best performances for the cameras. I don't agree with that. How about our last league game at Stevenage? He put in some superb crosses in that game, which Amond and Matt failed to convert. Everyone raises their game for the big match.

On his ‘day’ he’s a quality winger at this level, the reason he is at this level is that he doesn’t have too many of those days, that’s nowt to be ashamed of though.
He’s a League 2 winger and when he leaves at the end of the season it’ll be interesting to see if we can get any better..

Exile 1976 wrote:On his ‘day’ he’s a quality winger at this level, the reason he is at this level is that he doesn’t have too many of those days, that’s nowt to be ashamed of though.
He’s a League 2 winger and when he leaves at the end of the season it’ll be interesting to see if we can get any better..
So you hope he leaves at the end of the season ? That's truly pathetic after yesterday.