Re: Robbie Wilmott

Ado wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:On his ‘day’ he’s a quality winger at this level, the reason he is at this level is that he doesn’t have too many of those days, that’s nowt to be ashamed of though.
He’s a League 2 winger and when he leaves at the end of the season it’ll be interesting to see if we can get any better..
So you hope he leaves at the end of the season ? That's truly pathetic after yesterday.

That’s not what I said, dry your eyes and stop being silly.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Ado wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:On his ‘day’ he’s a quality winger at this level, the reason he is at this level is that he doesn’t have too many of those days, that’s nowt to be ashamed of though.
He’s a League 2 winger and when he leaves at the end of the season it’ll be interesting to see if we can get any better..
So you hope he leaves at the end of the season ? That's truly pathetic after yesterday.

That’s not what I said, dry your eyes and stop being silly.

ok. I'll ask. Why do you believe he will leave at the end of the season. His choice or the club's?

Ado wrote:
Ado when a player is consistently good (Franks, Demetriou, Amond for example) you do not have to harp on about the odd game or the odd good pass they make!

Exile
What an odd last sentence you finished on.
Is that just your opinion as I see Robbie get the best pat from MF after the game?
Puzzling!

County ranger wrote:So why a separate thread for one player - he put in a great cross and generally played well in a position he can manage but before you make out he is the best player we have take a look at the MOM thread.
The MoTD day highlights also revealed what we see week in week out - in sequence the great cross and then a diabolical piece of positioning and defending which almost cost us a goal.
It is a pity Ado that you have to bring it down to one player - yesterday was a great team performance
Surprise surprise.
I can put up with Corkys doom and gloom albeit shamefully not a word from him regarding Sundays superb performance but you Ranger in virtually every post continue to give Robbie a hard time.
The crap comments about him not being a league 2 standard winger just shows how litle you know.
We all know he is not a midfielder, that's not his fault but at least he tries to do the job Flynny asks of him
I do not agree that he only plays for the camera.
You will struggle to find any game he has played solely out wide right albeit these games are few and far between.
No cameras at RP against Wrexham and he was superb second half.
Lets hope Robbie invites you to a chat at training also.
Try and be positive and stop knocking the fella.
By the way I thought his defending apart from the one hiccup for a winger was top notch in the backs to the wall second half.
After all following that cross he can be added to County folklore now.

If the USUAL BORING posters care to read , I have posted numerous times that he is ok as a winger and should only be played there if that is the tactics we are using.
MF seems to shoehorn him into the side and play him at wingback , centre midfield and even a number 10.. That is why I have a go at him because he is crap when he plays there.

that of course doesn't go with your arguments so you can have childish petty snipes.

What many are missing on here in their praise of him and the VERY GOOD CROSS he made that set up the first goal was that his defending was pathetic when he was trying to defend a Leicester attack a few minutes after the goal was scored and if their Japanese player had hit the target the result could have been so different..Strange that ???

neilcork68 wrote:If the USUAL BORING posters care to read , I have posted numerous times that he is ok as a winger and should only be played there if that is the tactics we are using.
MF seems to shoehorn him into the side and play him at wingback , centre midfield and even a number 10.. That is why I have a go at him because he is crap when he plays there.

that of course doesn't go with your arguments so you can have childish petty snipes.

What many are missing on here in their praise of him and the VERY GOOD CROSS he made that set up the first goal was that his defending was pathetic when he was trying to defend a Leicester attack a few minutes after the goal was scored and if their Japanese player had hit the target the result could have been so different..Strange that ???
I disagree with you on this one. To be critical of a winger for not defending well is in my view akin to blaming a goalkeeper who goes up for a late corner for missing a header,

One question Neil. As we disagree do you think we should just put our differing view points, or do you think we should start insulting one another? :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:If the USUAL BORING posters care to read , I have posted numerous times that he is ok as a winger and should only be played there if that is the tactics we are using.

I disagree with you on this one. To be critical of a winger for not defending well is in my view akin to blaming a goalkeeper who goes up for a late corner for missing a header,

One question Neil. As we disagree do you think we should just put our differing view points, or do you think we should start insulting one another? :grin:

I disagree with you Stan, he was marking that player and let him give him the slip, he has to take the blame for it but it came to nothing anyway.