Re: MIDDLESBROUGH ticket prices... ideal price?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
South London Exile wrote:
Anyone wanting Boro to charge more to their fans and ours just so we can squeeze a few extra quid out of the game needs to have a word with themselves. I still have a sour taste in my mouth from the club charging an extra tenner for Leicester.
Believe me, you don't know what you're getting yourself into posting heresy like that.

:grin:
I appear to be in the minority on this message board but I agreed with more or less everything you said on your youtube video on the ticketing arrangements. I may also be in the minority in that I am not happy to go along with the race to the bottom in ticket prices and in rinsing normal fans of their hard earned in such a cynical way.

Shit loads of Boro' fans will turn up at a tenner a pop, hoping to see them turn us over 8-0 for no money.
At those prices, we may as well have drawn Barnet and charged normal prices.... we're looking at what, £35k?...it's not enough.
An away trip at a big club in the 4th round is meant to be lucrative.
10,000 crowd, ticket revenues around £80k total.

4,000 @ £10.......£40,000
1,000 @ £15.......£15,000
2,000 @ £ 5.......£10,000
500 @ £10.......£ 5,000
2,000 @ £ 2.......£ 4,000
500 @ £ 5.......£ 2,500
TOTAL................£76,500

Our share: £34, 425...... only an estimate, but I'll bet it's not far off. the breakdown may be a bit out, but I'll bet the total is not too far off.
They may as well say the home team takes it all in Cup games and be done with it!

For the two posters on this thread who have an issue with our pricing for the Leicester game:
I can feel your pain and sense of injustice - do you feel better now?

ps I felt pain and injustice some years back when I had to pay what I believed was an extortionate Barrister's fee - I guess the only difference being
was I actually had to part with the money (I know at least one of you didn't have to part with any money for a ticket because to do that you actually had to be at the game i.e.the ex-fan guy).

Fourthousand wrote:For the two posters on this thread who have an issue with our pricing for the Leicester game:

ps I felt pain and injustice some years back when I had to pay what I believed was an extortionate Barrister's fee - I guess the only difference being
was I actually had to part with the money (I know at least one of you didn't have to part with any money for a ticket because to do that you actually had to be at the game i.e.the ex-fan guy).
I parted with £52 for a ticket for myself and my father and £80 odd for my return train. I know my choice to part with the money but I assume in that case that I’m entitled to a view?

Fourthousand wrote:For the two posters on this thread who have an issue with our pricing for the Leicester game:

Prejudice is when you prejudge. It often involves a twisted logic. A black person was rude to me. All black people are rude. It's nonsense and merely shows at the very least a rather low intelligence. It follows then that to equate by implication that because one was the ill treated by an extortionate barrister that every barrister is extortionate is at the very least a strong indication of a not overly gifted brain. :grin:

Likewise there is a difference between offensive and being offended. Over the 51 years of supporting Newport County I'd average between 20 and 30 games per season. I estimate that I have paid to watch Newport County on over a thousand occasions.

Your dig at my not being at the game is offensive. However because the remark was made by a spectacularly less than gifted person I have not taken offence. I enjoy a battle of wits. It is not to my credit that I especially enjoy a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. :cheers:

I parted with £52 for a ticket for myself and my father and £80 odd for my return train. I know my choice to part with the money but I assume in that case that I’m entitled to a view?
Of course you are and I know of your determined efforts to get to County games across the country as a fan. My view is you and I (and the ex-fan) are not the decision makers - the club representatives are (and with away club in this case). As you say we make simple personal choices ie to attend games or not, their responsibilty on the other hand is for the running and wellbeing and betterment of the club - the club, not the appeasement of all. I reckonised your pain, but in the scheme of things I can sleep at night - the club comes first always for me and I don't ever want to feel the real pain that many of us alive today went through in the 80's and following years - no cigar.

Fourthousand wrote:

Of course you are and I know of your determined efforts to get to County games across the country as a fan. My view is you and I (and the ex-fan) are not the decision makers - the club representatives are (and with away club in this case). As you say we make simple personal choices ie to attend games or not, their responsibilty on the other hand is for the running and wellbeing and betterment of the club - the club, not the appeasement of all. I reckonised your pain, but in the scheme of things I can sleep at night - the club comes first always for me and I don't ever want to feel the real pain that many of us alive today went through in the 80's and following years - no cigar.
Fair enough.

I do see your argument and believe you when you say the club comes first. You believe therefore that usually the action of the administrative side of the club should be supported. My view is that if I believe something is wrong I will say so.

It is perfectly legitimate to argue that my view is clouded by the late 1980's. I don't agree with that but it's a valid viewpoint.

Now most people over 50 believe the original club was destroyed by a Yankee crook called Jerry Sherman. They are wrong. Jerry Sherman was a vulture. Vultures don't kill they feed off the dead. The 1912 club was destroyed between the mid 60's and mid 80's by inept boards who failed to build the infrastructure necessary. Mainly, not totally not developing Somerton Park. Back then the transfer fees paid for Waddle and Johnston and Lee would have been far better spent on our then beloved but decrepit stadium.

My belief is that over the last 30 years successive boards, however well meaning have failed to grasp we need to build a club before we build a team, not the other way round, I know I harp on but I'm not going to stop.

South London Exile wrote: Anyone wanting Boro to charge more to their fans and ours just so we can squeeze a few extra quid out of the game needs to have a word with themselves.
I'd be very surprised if a Championship club would up its prices for a game against L2 opposition in a ground holding 32,000. It's more a question of how far they cut them and the price for Peterborough looks like value for money.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
South London Exile wrote: Anyone wanting Boro to charge more to their fans and ours just so we can squeeze a few extra quid out of the game needs to have a word with themselves.
I'd be very surprised if a Championship club would up its prices for a game against L2 opposition in a ground holding 32,000. It's more a question of how far they cut them and the price for Peterborough looks like value for money.
Exactly, but they need to agree prices with County. I imagine Boro would want as low ticket prices to get their fans to attend what is, on the face of it, a very unattractive tie for them. My comment was a response to a poster who was arguing for the ticket prices to be as high as possible. As I’ve said, the ticket prices Boro set for their game in the previous round seemed fair and appropriate.