MIDDLESBROUGH ticket prices... ideal price?

Not to be taken too seriously, bit of a point of interest that's all.
Here is some info on prices at the Riverside:
Excluding family tickets, hospitality, special offers, VIP clubs or their equivalent, etc.
Middlesbrough's pricing structure has 39 pricing bands with the highest being £39 and the lowest being £17.
The total cost of purchasing one ticket from every band, is £981....giving an average price of £25.15

Comparing this with County's average for the same grades of tickets, and then pitching it half way between the two (as we did with Leicester) we come up with a price of £18.41.

If Boro' were to implement a similar pricing strategy, this is what they should be charging:

Adult.....£30
Senior...£16
Junior....£ 9

This would give a nominal average ticket price of £18.33.....which would be as near as damn it, half way between Boro's and County's prices for the same grade of ticket for League games.

So there we have it.... if it were down to me, that's what I'd set the prices at.

Of course, if it were ABSOLUTELY down to me, and it was allowed, I'd set it at £16 per seat, all ages, all areas....

Re: MIDDLESBROUGH ticket prices... ideal price?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Worthy of note, is that Middlesbrough's overall pricing structure is relatively simple. Some clubs (incl Cardiff) have over 90 price bands, and heaven help us, some clubs have in excess of 100!
do we know what their pricing structure was for the Peterborough game? Would imagine it will be something similar for us.
...I don't know. I'm just pointing out that were they do adopt the same approach as we took with **Leicester that's what they should charge, which we could hardly complain about...though some would of course.

** whether by accident or design

newgroundrodney wrote:
Collars wrote:11,647 at Boro for the Peterborough game including 1,200 from Posh.

I reckon they'd be looking at roughly £100k total gate receipts for our match so possibly worth £40-£50k for us.

Not quite Man Utd away but better than a slap in the face with a wet fish!
I reckon against County, the gate will be something like 9857 incl 297 away
That's a good call - around 10,000-10,500 maximum I would have thought and assume at the same prices as for their game with Posh.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:A simple search provided this ?

ST holder prices

Adult £10
Over 65s £5
Under 18s £2

Non ST holder prices

Adult £15
Over 65s £10
Under 18s £5
I'm not even sure what these prices are related to, but if you're suggesting that's what they should charge for their game against Newport, at an average of £8.00 per ticket, I'd be objecting to that if I were us.
Those are the prices they charged v Peterborough in round 3 so unlikely to be much different for our match.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:A simple search provided this ?

ST holder prices

Adult £10
Over 65s £5
Under 18s £2

Non ST holder prices

Adult £15
Over 65s £10
Under 18s £5
I'm not even sure what these prices are related to, but if you're suggesting that's what they should charge for their game against Newport, at an average of £8.00 per ticket, I'd be objecting to that if I were us.
It is the actual price charged at the Peterborough game, not some complete way off the mark guess, at what they may of or what they could charge for our game.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Their supporters will stump 90 per cent of the ticket money so, put brutally, we want the maximum number paying the highest price they will go to.

The Peterborough prices look spot-on. We're a division lower, but it's a round further in and the Leicester game will have increased our attractiveness as opposition.
Do we? I'm not sure I do. That being said, I agree the Peterborough prices look reasonable and fair.

Anyone wanting Boro to charge more to their fans and ours just so we can squeeze a few extra quid out of the game needs to have a word with themselves. I still have a sour taste in my mouth from the club charging an extra tenner for Leicester tickets in comparison to league games. 'Magic of the Cup' it isn't.