I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10514

I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 9th, 2019, 4:53 pm

I don't do the predictions league game. Although I'm sure it's good fun for those who do. However what I would find interesting is at the end of the season League tables could be compiled as if the predictors were always right.

So HappyClappieClarence might produce 1st Newport County P 46 W 46 D 0 L 0 F 275 A 0 g/d 275 whilst........

Grumpylumpymiseryguts might produce 24th Newport County P 46 W 0 D 3 L 43 F 7 A 297 g/d -290.

Just a thought.
no avatar
User

Fourthousand

Posts

520

Re: I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Postby Fourthousand » January 9th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I don't do the predictions league game. Although I'm sure it's good fun for those who do. However what I would find interesting is at the end of the season League tables could be compiled as if the predictors were always right.

So HappyClappieClarence might produce 1st Newport County P 46 W 46 D 0 L 0 F 275 A 0 g/d 275 whilst........

Grumpylumpymiseryguts might produce 24th Newport County P 46 W 0 D 3 L 43 F 7 A 297 g/d -290.

Just a thought.


Just got it - if the standard minibus takes18 and you were 13 years old at the time that you lost13-0 , then that is your clue that there were 13 players. So the answer is 5 empty seats that is if we don't include the driver and don't include your angry Coach. If we include the driver but not your angry Coach the answer is 4 empty seats. But if we don't include the driver (your angry Coach still isn't in this variable) then who is going to drive the minibus; it ain't going anywhere as 13 year old's can't legally drive ? (Of course that is unless it is towed). If the Coach is also the driver then the answer is still 4 empty seats but if we include the angry Coach and the driver then the answer is 3 empty seats.

Seeing as I am getting my knickers all in a twist - I'll say 'kitch'en' , 'no, holiday'.. 'no final answer... 3 empty seats in the kitchen'.

'6.. how can the answer be 6 - it could be 3 or 4 or 5 but never 6'.

C'mon man you never said 3 of the team had a lift home off their Mum's and Dad's'.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10514

Re: I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 9th, 2019, 5:45 pm

Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I don't do the predictions league game. Although I'm sure it's good fun for those who do. However what I would find interesting is at the end of the season League tables could be compiled as if the predictors were always right.

So HappyClappieClarence might produce 1st Newport County P 46 W 46 D 0 L 0 F 275 A 0 g/d 275 whilst........

Grumpylumpymiseryguts might produce 24th Newport County P 46 W 0 D 3 L 43 F 7 A 297 g/d -290.

Just a thought.


Just got it - if the standard minibus takes18 and you were 13 years old at the time that you lost13-0 , then that is your clue that there were 13 players. So the answer is 5 empty seats that is if we don't include the driver and don't include your angry Coach. If we include the driver but not your angry Coach the answer is 4 empty seats. But if we don't include the driver (your angry Coach still isn't in this variable) then who is going to drive the minibus; it ain't going anywhere as 13 year old's can't legally drive ? (Of course that is unless it is towed). If the Coach is also the driver then the answer is still 4 empty seats but if we include the angry Coach and the driver then the answer is 3 empty seats.

Seeing as I am getting my knickers all in a twist - I'll say 'kitch'en' , 'no, holiday'.. 'no final answer... 3 empty seats in the kitchen'.

'6.. how can the answer be 6 - it could be 3 or 4 or 5 but never 6'.

C'mon man you never said 3 of the team had a lift home off their Mum's and Dad's'.


I can't remember to be honest. Although I can recall three lads up front squeezing into two seats.

Serious question. well questions, Firstly why are you continuing to wreck everyone's enjoyment of this board with your snide little remarks? And secondly why are you referring to a post I made on another thread. To be honest it looks to me that you are just looking for my name and automatically posting abusive tripe.

You been busted sucker. 8)
no avatar
User

Fourthousand

Posts

520

Re: I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Postby Fourthousand » January 9th, 2019, 5:52 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I don't do the predictions league game. Although I'm sure it's good fun for those who do. However what I would find interesting is at the end of the season League tables could be compiled as if the predictors were always right.

So HappyClappieClarence might produce 1st Newport County P 46 W 46 D 0 L 0 F 275 A 0 g/d 275 whilst........

Grumpylumpymiseryguts might produce 24th Newport County P 46 W 0 D 3 L 43 F 7 A 297 g/d -290.

Just a thought.


Just got it - if the standard minibus takes18 and you were 13 years old at the time that you lost13-0 , then that is your clue that there were 13 players. So the answer is 5 empty seats that is if we don't include the driver and don't include your angry Coach. If we include the driver but not your angry Coach the answer is 4 empty seats. But if we don't include the driver (your angry Coach still isn't in this variable) then who is going to drive the minibus; it ain't going anywhere as 13 year old's can't legally drive ? (Of course that is unless it is towed). If the Coach is also the driver then the answer is still 4 empty seats but if we include the angry Coach and the driver then the answer is 3 empty seats.

Seeing as I am getting my knickers all in a twist - I'll say 'kitch'en' , 'no, holiday'.. 'no final answer... 3 empty seats in the kitchen'.

'6.. how can the answer be 6 - it could be 3 or 4 or 5 but never 6'.

C'mon man you never said 3 of the team had a lift home off their Mum's and Dad's'.


I can't remember to be honest. Although I can recall three lads up front squeezing into two seats.

Serious question. well questions, Firstly why are you continuing to wreck everyone's enjoyment of this board with your snide little remarks? And secondly why are you referring to a post I made on another thread. To be honest it looks to me that you are just looking for my name and automatically posting abusive tripe.

You been busted sucker. 8)



Sorry old sport I thought your game was deflection and bluster.

Great idea though.
no avatar
User

Lenwearesaved

Posts

20

Re: I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Postby Lenwearesaved » January 9th, 2019, 5:57 pm

I don't post often because I don't like arguments. I have to say though it looks to me like stan just busted you real good.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10514

Re: I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 9th, 2019, 6:01 pm

Lenwearesaved wrote:I don't post often because I don't like arguments. I have to say though it looks to me like stan just busted you real good.


Thanks mate. But don't worry about sticking up for me, I can take these guys abuse all day, in fact I can take these guys all day. 8)
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10514

Re: I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 9th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Back on topic, if anyone would like to do their own at seasons end, or even now for comparisons sake I think it would be really interesting.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

5759

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Postby pembsexile » January 9th, 2019, 9:01 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Back on topic, if anyone would like to do their own at seasons end, or even now for comparisons sake I think it would be really interesting.


There is a weekly prediction league accessed at the bottom of this page. It is quite good and apart from the odd week or so I do it every week. I don't get involved in the one that appears as a thread each week though. Possibly because the other one is quicker to use.
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8253

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: I'm not doing this but would anybody like to?

Postby lowandhard » January 9th, 2019, 9:24 pm

pembsexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Back on topic, if anyone would like to do their own at seasons end, or even now for comparisons sake I think it would be really interesting.


There is a weekly prediction league accessed at the bottom of this page. It is quite good and apart from the odd week or so I do it every week. I don't get involved in the one that appears as a thread each week though. Possibly because the other one is quicker to use.


Didn’t know that one was working again. I tried it early in the season but gave up. I’ll try again next year :grin:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bishbashbosh, daftasfxxx, OLDCROMWELLIAN, rncfc, russpitbull and 67 guests

Powered by phpBB ®