Forty Years Ago Today

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

JonD

Posts

1960

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: Forty Years Ago Today

Postby JonD » January 11th, 2019, 6:13 pm

chepstowamber wrote:I was at Caldicot School, I left I'm 1976
Chris


Apologies. For some reason I thought you were Chris Shingler.
no avatar
User

Special branch

Posts

246

Re: Forty Years Ago Today

Postby Special branch » January 11th, 2019, 10:30 pm

1 week after the West Ham match we lost 0-1 to Ferndale Borough in the Welsh cup.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

2451

Re: Forty Years Ago Today

Postby Percy plunkett » January 11th, 2019, 11:33 pm

Special branch wrote:1 week after the West Ham match we lost 0-1 to Ferndale Borough in the Welsh cup.

I think it was Ton Pentre and it was 2-0.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11352

Re: Forty Years Ago Today

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 12th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:
Special branch wrote:1 week after the West Ham match we lost 0-1 to Ferndale Borough in the Welsh cup.

I think it was Ton Pentre and it was 2-0.


It was. Not that it matters. I thought for years Nigel Vaughan scored our first goal. I was wrong. I thought Brooking played, I still think he did, but I could be wrong. I thought and still do Woods' winner came from a cross in open play not a corner, and so on.

What it does prove, which every defence barrister wishes you knew and every prosecution barrister wishes you didn't. And what we should all consider on this board, myself included, is that human memory is total crap.
no avatar
User

Special branch

Posts

246

Re: Forty Years Ago Today

Postby Special branch » January 12th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Yes I was wrong. Today I think we will push on and get the 3 points but I'd still like Butler further up field.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11352

Re: Forty Years Ago Today

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 12th, 2019, 1:04 pm

Special branch wrote:Yes I was wrong. Today I think we will push on and get the 3 points but I'd still like Butler further up field.



Quite. :grin:
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lionelvc and 31 guests

Powered by phpBB ®