Re: Jay Foulston

Countymadbell wrote:Can't do any worse we are leaking goals for fun or haven't you noticed that?

Why do you think an untested, young , relatively small CB can’t do ‘any worse’ than three other experienced football league centre backs??? Stick to playing championship manager ‘countymadbel’

Exile 1976 wrote:Fact is I , and I suspect many fans , would not want to see Foulston in the starting XI over Franks, Demetriou, Bennett or O'Brien
No neither would I but,OB,Bennett were injured and Franks was suspended and he still couldn't get a game.Instead MF played a RB and a LB at Carlisle.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
whoareya wrote:Didn't this forum sponsor his kit this season?

Waste of money then.
I don't see it that way the Club is still getting our money
Good luck to the lad
Jim, I meant wasted as we probably wont see him wear the shirt with the forum logo in a league game.

Do we get the shirt back at the end of the season to auction off?

May as well play some youth players..(Foulston and Toure ) rather than sign other teams youth players to see if they progress into the first team as regulars next season.
We aint going down and we certainly aint going to challenge for the play offs with the current team

neilcork68 wrote:May as well play some youth players..(Foulston and Toure ) rather than sign other teams youth players to see if they progress into the first team as regulars next season.
We aint going down and we certainly aint going to challenge for the play offs with the current team
The fundamental issue is are they good enough MF will have the b3st view from his experience but also seeing how they cope training with professional players - I would suggest that at the moment they are not good enough.

whoareya wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
whoareya wrote:Didn't this forum sponsor his kit this season?

Waste of money then.
I don't see it that way the Club is still getting our money
Good luck to the lad
Jim, I meant wasted as we probably wont see him wear the shirt with the forum logo in a league game.

Do we get the shirt back at the end of the season to auction off?
Yes,all sponsors get to keep the shirt but it won't have this logo on it.

County ranger wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:May as well play some youth players..(Foulston and Toure ) rather than sign other teams youth players to see if they progress into the first team as regulars next season.
The fundamental issue is are they good enough MF will have the b3st view from his experience but also seeing how they cope training with professional players - I would suggest that at the moment they are not good enough.

Does he have the 'best view' of the situation ?

Not having a go at him but MF is the same as ALL current managers in Football nowadays....Always about 6 / 7 games from getting the sack if the team isn't performing. Gone are the days where a manager had the chance to play a youth team player unless they are exceptional and first team ready when they make their debuts.
Whilst he was youth team coach he may have urged the club to give certain players a chance because he believed they had the necessary skills / potential . Now he is manager he may not have the same attitude..Understandable of course but it doesnt help that we may miss out on potential future transfer fees because they may move on if not given a chance .
One of the reasons ( there were many others ) , I heard where BA was not happy with the club was he suggested players but they never got the chance because MF didnt trust them to make the step up. Would Poole or Evans be given the chance they were given under previous managers who didnt have the option of signing 'experienced players now with MF in charge ? I myself have my doubts they would have if they were coming through now with. MF in charge.

If he was good enough, he would've played. He isn't, that's why he's dropped 3 divisions to Merthyr.

He's still only just 18, so there's plenty time for him. Hopefully he can do what Touray has done in the first half of the season and excel on loan and give Flynn something to think about in pre-season.

neilcork68 wrote:
County ranger wrote:

Does he have the 'best view' of the situation ?

Not having a go at him but MF is the same as ALL current managers in Football nowadays....Always about 6 / 7 games from getting the sack if the team isn't performing. Gone are the days where a manager had the chance to play a youth team player unless they are exceptional and first team ready when they make their debuts.
Whilst he was youth team coach he may have urged the club to give certain players a chance because he believed they had the necessary skills / potential . Now he is manager he may not have the same attitude..Understandable of course but it doesnt help that we may miss out on potential future transfer fees because they may move on if not given a chance .
One of the reasons ( there were many others ) , I heard where BA was not happy with the club was he suggested players but they never got the chance because MF didnt trust them to make the step up. Would Poole or Evans be given the chance they were given under previous managers who didnt have the option of signing 'experienced players now with MF in charge ? I myself have my doubts they would have if they were coming through now with. MF in charge.
I think the relationship Flynn has with Board probably gives him more security than some. On Poole I agree with you the lack of cash Butcher had gave Poole his opportunity he took it had ability but Parselle didn’t now I don’t know how many divisions lower. TOE had numerous chances now playing semi pro level again had chances owing in part to lack of budget. Evans had talent has done much better than Poole played everywhere he has gone and broke into a JE side which had Les money.
Evans has made it will Poole who knows few of these kids are ever really good enough. I don’t know why people get fixated with them.