EXETER CITY attendance, Higher or Lower?.....

So far this season the number of County fans at home League games has been as follows:

TOTAL..............................37035
HIGHEST............................3857 (Forest Green)
LOWEST.............................2516 (Northampton)
AVERAGE..........................3086
GAME CLOSEST TO
THE AVERAGE..................3086 (Crawley Town)

So do we think the number of County fans at Mike Flynn's 85th League game as manager, will be higher or lower than the average so far of 3086?

Away Fans:
The total number of away fans at RP for League games is: 2271....giving an average of 189.
Last Season Exeter city brought 499 ...

So I'll go for 2623 County + 473 Exeter, giving a total of 3096.

Any thoughts?...

Re: EXETER CITY attendance, Higher or Lower?.....

newgroundrodney wrote:So far this season the number of County fans at home League games has been as follows:

GAME CLOSEST TO

So do we think the number of County fans at Mike Flynn's 85th League game as manager, will be higher or lower than the average so far of 3086?

Away Fans:
The total number of away fans at RP for League games is: 2271....giving an average of 189.

Any thoughts?...
My guess in round figures 2,700 County; 500 Exeter Total 3,200

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:So far this season the number of County fans at home League games has been as follows:

GAME CLOSEST TO

Away Fans:

Any thoughts?...
...how often are the home AND away fans both round figures, ever?....doesn't happen, simply doesn't happen.

newgroundrodney wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

GAME CLOSEST TO

Away Fans:

Any thoughts?...
...how often are the home AND away fans both round figures, ever?....doesn't happen, simply doesn't happen.
Accept that. The opinion I was attempting to express was that although Exeter are one of the better teams in the league, our recent poor league form and the upcoming expense for some who will be attending the Middlesborough match will have a negative affect on our attendence, but Exeter's attendence will be similar to last year as they are again chasing a play off position.

I've predicted a 3-1 defeat, mainly because I don't think our bad run is quite over yet, and they're probably due to beat us...but obviously I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I won't be there tomorrow, I'll be at QPR v Preston N E but I'll be with you all in thought!
May be my imagination, but I always think Tim reads QPR's half time score just a tiny bit slower and louder, almost as though he knows someone is listening out for it!.....anyway, good luck to both of my beloved teams, 2 x home wins would be great!!

newgroundrodney wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

GAME CLOSEST TO

Away Fans:

Any thoughts?...
They're just as likely as any other numbers, how often has it been 2623 + 473?

newgroundrodney wrote:Marky wrote: They're just as likely as any other numbers, how often has it been 2623 + 473?

How many rounded numbers are actually available in reality, compared to non-round numbers? You'll see that rounded numbers are much less likely and in fact occur much less likely than even their availability suggests.
Do you understand that 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are just as likely as any other set of lottery numbers?

Marky wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Marky wrote: They're just as likely as any other numbers, how often has it been 2623 + 473?

How many rounded numbers are actually available in reality, compared to non-round numbers? You'll see that rounded numbers are much less likely and in fact occur much less likely than even their availability suggests.
Do you understand that 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are just as likely as any other set of lottery numbers?
... wellyeah, but what I originally asked was how OFTEN?...
Now, if you take attendances from 2000 - 5000 there are something like 2700 non rounded numbers, and just 44 rounded numbers even allowing for up to 1100 away fans. So the likelihood is heavily stacked against an occurrence of TWO rounded numbers. Whatever maths you wanna introduce, the LIKELIHOOD is that they wouldn't both be rounded. The non rounded numbers are something like 1.6% of all available numbers.. So very likely not to occur very OFTEN at all, even less than 1.6% of occasions probably.
Anyway, we're straying way off topic aren't we?.... Do you think we'll get a higher or lower than average attendance? (Mean average that is)

newgroundrodney wrote:
Marky wrote:

... wellyeah, but what I originally asked was how OFTEN?...
Now, if you take attendances from 2000 - 5000 there are something like 2700 non rounded numbers, and just 44 rounded numbers even allowing for up to 1100 away fans. So the likelihood is heavily stacked against an occurrence of TWO rounded numbers. Whatever maths you wanna introduce, the LIKELIHOOD is that they wouldn't both be rounded. The non rounded numbers are something like 1.6% of all available numbers.. So very likely not to occur very OFTEN at all, even less than 1.6% of occasions probably.
Anyway, we're straying way off topic aren't we?.... Do you think we'll get a higher or lower than average attendance? (Mean average that is)
2700 + 500 occurs just as often as 2623 + 473, the likelihood is heavily stacked against any pair of numbers, has anybody ever got both correct?