Re: When was the last time we were relegated?.....

Beechwood Boy wrote:Just been looking at County's record in the 2003/04 season, where we had to qualify for the formation of the new conference south, and a few questions come to mind.
- why weren't Merthyr given a place in the conference south league?
- why did County play a friendly match v a Man Utd XI in March, 2004?
Only the teams in the top half of the Southern League Premier Division qualified for the Conference South. I think the other 12 teams came from the top half of the Isthmium League.

Man Utd had promised to send a team to play the County. I can't remember why

Blackandamber wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:Just been looking at County's record in the 2003/04 season, where we had to qualify for the formation of the new conference south, and a few questions come to mind.
Only the teams in the top half of the Southern League Premier Division qualified for the Conference South. I think the other 12 teams came from the top half of the Isthmium League.

We had a young lad from Newport sign for there youth team we where a feeder team for them at the time

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

We had a young lad from Newport sign for there youth team we where a feeder team for them at the time
Well remembered UTP