Re: GRANDSTAND: Exeter

Amberexile wrote:I wouldn't discount opera in our thinking as I believe it gives a better steer than cinema in this case.

That said, another factor the Trust are wrangling with is the preference for a hybrid model recently voted for. In order to make that attractive to partners in the Summer, they must increase the revenue from Trust members this season.
The preference was expressed in a consultation which was open to anyone. The decision to go hybrid will be made in a formal vote in which only Trust Members will be allowed to take part, and that will require a 75% vote in favour. It's by no means a foregone conclusion.
Do we know when the vote is intended to take place, cos it was mentioned ages ago?
Last edited by newgroundrodney on January 20th, 2019, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: GRANDSTAND: Exeter

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon

Whilst continuing the conversation, appreciate its getting away from the Grandstand thread, but until it deteriorates into a slanging match hopefully that will be forgiven!

Unfortunately assessing people’s will to pay money for football is not an absolute science, despite NGR’s amazing array of statistical evidence. I suspect a large number of people who pay regularly to attend football will not consider paying “extra “ just so the football actually exists. It’s a case of paying on the day for the product being offered and in reality nothing wrong with that approach.
That is what I apply to any other entertainment offering eg cinema, theatre or opera ( ok forget opera!)
I don’t pay extra to the cinema between visits. Football is different in that for a lot of people it’s a passion beyond mere entertainment. These are the ones who generally will pay that extra bit.
Admittedly I joined the trust for selfish reasons, to get ticketing priority and at a tenner a year it was totally affordable and all four of us did so, despite only likely to attend 2/3 home games a season.
The increase to £60 a year (x4) did give rise to considerably more thought. I already subscribe to the County Lottery and I-follow.
In the end to ease the financial commitment we have abandoned plans to attend the Middlesborough game , fuel, tickets, hotel and food would have added up to a fair bit so that sacrifice will balance the “football account” to fund the trust payment.
I am in a position that I can afford to do it, many others are not, also regular attendees at home games are paying out more over a season than myself.
Each person will have their own line where the cost of attending football becomes a problem. It is impossible to generalise a pricing policy to catch all.
However one thing above all else will move that line a little higher, good and successful performances on the pitch, creating a great entertainment atmosphere, that’s what will bring folk in on a regular basis!

Phil in Northampton
I think you make a good point about the extra payment for me if we wish to be a fan owned club then fans need to consider the extra payment but it is not easy. I think we should increase the ticket price by say £3 - £5 with a discount then offered for trust membership then everyone who attends contributes.