Re: GRANDSTAND: Exeter

Loyalfoot wrote:The formation done it's job today
''

Agree with that. Front 3 were very fluid in their formation, with Amond often positioing himself just behind the front 2. None of them should be dropped especially at home. Probably need another striker therefore to provide cover for injury/suspension.

Matt was excellent, everything stuck to him and he laid off quite a few.
Bennett broke up so many attacks and kept the ball ticking over and the back three were barely troubled by a toothless Exeter attack.
Joe Day called into action just once, making a great save.

Exeter fans won the singing contest though. I thought they were the best fans we’ve had at Rodders this season and the Amber Army were quiet.

Exile 1976 wrote:Matt was excellent, everything stuck to him and he laid off quite a few.
Bennett broke up so many attacks and kept the ball ticking over and the back three were barely troubled by a toothless Exeter attack.

Exeter fans won the singing contest though. I thought they were the best fans we’ve had at Rodders this season and the Amber Army were quiet.
Probably because they're the first team to have brought any real numbers to RP this season apart from Leicester ??!!

Exile 1976 wrote:Matt was excellent, everything stuck to him and he laid off quite a few.

Agree with this. Midfield more compact today. probably helped by Exeter bypassing the midfield more often that not.
Fortunately no league points awarded for winning the singing contest.