Visiting Boro

Hi, Boro fan here, with a soft sport for Newport having had a lot of dealings with engineering firms in area.
Anyone wanting info for pubs, decent food , car parking etc for cup visit give me a shout .

Normal away pub Doc Browns was made home only yesterday with visit of Millwall, looked like police were using yesterday as practice game for visit of Leeds in a couple of weeks. first time we have had horses for a year or two.

Re: Visiting Boro

thornabyred wrote:Hi, Boro fan here, with a soft sport for Newport having had a lot of dealings with engineering firms in area.
Anyone wanting info for pubs, decent food , car parking etc for cup visit give me a shout .

Normal away pub Doc Browns was made home only yesterday with visit of Millwall, looked like police were using yesterday as practice game for visit of Leeds in a couple of weeks. first time we have had horses for a year or two.
Horses for Millwall? ..... A couple of miniature poodles would sort that lot out :roll:

Plenty of car parking in and around the town centre. We normally park at the Ironopolis club for night games and get onto A66 within minutes. If you park close to the ground then roads are closed for upto half hour after game depending on size of crowd.
If you head for France St car park , free parking on matchdays ran by council. there is off st car parking near it as well but need to be early for that.There is a subway, Macdonalds at front of car park and Doc Browns pub is opposite Macdonalds. Its a 10 minute walk to ground from here via 2 small subways under A66 and railway.
Whatever you do dont park in the small car park where cinema and sports shop is as you will get a ticket. Private parking.

rncfc wrote:What's the stewarding like at the ground?

It's a long old trip, at least 6 or 7 pints in length, and we need to accurately judge how pissed we can get away with being.
Stewarding is not too bad, away end and towards south stand where red faction are tends to be a bit stricter. Mostly club stewarding, rarely have police in ground nowadays unless its Leeds or Sheff Wed.

thornabyred wrote:Plenty of car parking in and around the town centre. We normally park at the Ironopolis club for night games and get onto A66 within minutes. If you park close to the ground then roads are closed for upto half hour after game depending on size of crowd.
If you head for France St car park , free parking on matchdays ran by council. there is off st car parking near it as well but need to be early for that.There is a subway, Macdonalds at front of car park and Doc Browns pub is opposite Macdonalds. Its a 10 minute walk to ground from here via 2 small subways under A66 and railway.
Whatever you do dont park in the small car park where cinema and sports shop is as you will get a ticket. Private parking.
Cheers for that

bit of a warning for anyone using trains to get to Boro. Northern rail are on strike every saturday so only run a limited service to and from Darlington. Last train to Darlo is normally 10 past 5 which is just do able from ground if it finished on time.
Transpennine are not affected so plan routes via York if you can.

worksop amber wrote:
thornabyred wrote:Plenty of car parking in and around the town centre. We normally park at the Ironopolis club for night games and get onto A66 within minutes. If you park close to the ground then roads are closed for upto half hour after game depending on size of crowd.
Cheers for that
I have some maps saved on pc somewhere that I used for last seasons visitors, I will dig out and put on here later in the week

thornabyred wrote:Hi, Boro fan here, with a soft sport for Newport having had a lot of dealings with engineering firms in area.

Disappointed that Doc Browns is not available as I’m staying at Jurys , can you recommend decent pub nearby? Thanks in advance.