Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v STAGS

What a terrific performance by County and what stood out for me was the passing ON the floor and the fighting performance by every County player in the first half and the grit and determination of the whole team in the second half when Mansfield threw everything at County to gain a point but every County player were determined to hang on for the win even though there were ten minutes time added on for stoppages -----I think the stretcher was brought from the "Gwent"---the time it took to arrive at the halfway line injury on one occasion, Robbie Wilmot was given MoM but I think Regan Poole and one or two others were close too !! Superb Performance County !!
COME ON THE PORT !!..........................Bob Bassett

May I put in a word of praise for Richard Shepherd for his 104 minute unaided radio commentary. Charlie Brown was indisposed.

Without all the usual small talk, I could actually picture the game from my desk and was supplied with all the requisite team news with the minimum of fuss as one might expect from someone trained in the old school who understands the needs of the radio listener.

Good Morning!

And hi jon d!

Home games Richard and Charlie normally share the commentary, as Tim is on PA duty.

Away games Tim does on his own, sometimes with what they call a summariser, with short interjections but not a stint of commentary.
Always amazes me how they manage a full match commentary on their own.

Dare I ask Jon?.........ticket?

Phil in Npton

Thought the turnout was a disgrace.
likewise that idiot in the middle AGAIN
Superb performance against a quality team.
Mansfield played their own good game but we rose to the occasion

Joe 7 Not a lot to do but too many hoofs into the stratosphere
Regan 8 Solid
Micky 8 as above
OB 8 same
Dan 8 Back to his best
Labs 8 Getting better
Scott 8 Everywhere
Bakinson 6 Sorry yet another poor effort
Robbie 9 MOM for me
Padraig 8 never stopped
Matt 8 Ran more than Padraig superb effort

Great all round effort

North London Exile wrote:May I put in a word of praise for Richard Shepherd for his 104 minute unaided radio commentary. Charlie Brown was indisposed.

Without all the usual small talk, I could actually picture the game from my desk and was supplied with all the requisite team news with the minimum of fuss as one might expect from someone trained in the old school who understands the needs of the radio listener.

It took him a long time to realise that Labade's goal had been disallowed.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Thought the turnout was a disgrace.
likewise that idiot in the middle AGAIN
Superb performance against a quality team.
Mansfield played their own good game but we rose to the occasion

Joe 7 Not a lot to do but too many hoofs into the stratosphere
Regan 8 Solid
Micky 8 as above
OB 8 same
Dan 8 Back to his best
Labs 8 Getting better
Scott 8 Everywhere
Bakinson 6 Sorry yet another poor effort
Robbie 9 MOM for me
Padraig 8 never stopped
Matt 8 Ran more than Padraig superb effort

Great all round effort
Mansfield's "good game" consisted of putting the boot in, diving all over the place , feigning injury (except for Danny Rose) and continually haranguing the referee