Re: What Flitcroft had to say

tompkip wrote:This chap must be on drugs the most horrible dirty cheating team in the league plus a referee that should be nowhere near the football league.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9585801
Some people just can't accept defeat gracefully, especially when it doesn't happen to them often.
Sadly such lack of integrity is what often gives football a bad name.
Hopefully we won't have to play them next year.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on February 9th, 2019, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not the usual thuggish Mansfield style. They were a bit wimpy and complaining about decisions all match. One obviously coached tactic was to stay on the deck after a tackle and stay there until the ref stopped play, then miraculously recover without the need of the physio and having to leave the pitch. Crying wolf like that makes you think twice when someone does get a bad injury (like Danny Rose today). Hope he's OK. I've never seen a referee mop up blood from the pitch with a towel before.

excessbee wrote:Not the usual thuggish Mansfield style. They were a bit wimpy and complaining about decisions all match. One obviously coached tactic was to stay on the deck after a tackle and stay there until the ref stopped play, then miraculously recover without the need of the physio and having to leave the pitch. Crying wolf like that makes you think twice when someone does get a bad injury (like Danny Rose today). Hope he's OK. I've never seen a referee mop up blood from the pitch with a towel before.
Their trainer needs to be more aware of H&S rules with regards blood spillages also. The towel as far as I can see was left exposed at the side of the pitch. Should have been wrapped and disposed of appropriately

What an absolute tool.
He is right about one thing, foul after foul. But it was all from Mansfield. Never heard so many yelps and screams from players looking for fouls , and so many of their players lying on the pitch after a challenge looking to the ref. Their number 23 was a disgrace, moaning, whinging at his own players and the ref all day .
Great result for us today.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
excessbee wrote:Not the usual thuggish Mansfield style. They were a bit wimpy and complaining about decisions all match. One obviously coached tactic was to stay on the deck after a tackle and stay there until the ref stopped play, then miraculously recover without the need of the physio and having to leave the pitch. Crying wolf like that makes you think twice when someone does get a bad injury (like Danny Rose today). Hope he's OK. I've never seen a referee mop up blood from the pitch with a towel before.
Their trainer needs to be more aware of H&S rules with regards blood spillages also. The towel as far as I can see was left exposed at the side of the pitch. Should have been wrapped and disposed of appropriately
Yes, never seen anything like that on the pitch before. Hope the player is okay as he must have lost quite a lot of blood. You're right about the trainer, but I was also surprised to see the referee mopping it up and then carrying the towel without plastic gloves. H&S nightmare.