First Aiders Shambles

If it hadn't been so serious, it would have been funny watching those two with the stretcher ambling on when Danny Rose had his injury. They seemed to take for ever to realise they were needed, and even longer to get on to the pitch. Who were they? Surely the response needs to better than this. Thank goodness it wasn't any more serious than that. Full marks to Podge for trying to help hurry them up, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club gets in trouble over this afternoon's shambles.

Re: First Aiders Shambles

UPTHEPORT wrote:They are st John's volunteers
I appreciate that but surely they could watch the match, and when they see the other players are agitated knowing that it's a serious injury, get themselves ready to move. Then when they are sent for they could at least break into a slow jog! One day a player will have a really serious injury, and then goodness help him!

Barnabas wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:They are st John's volunteers
I appreciate that but surely they could watch the match, and when they see the other players are agitated knowing that it's a serious injury, get themselves ready to move. Then when they are sent for they could at least break into a slow jog! One day a player will have a really serious injury, and then goodness help him!
You asked who they where I just answered your question

Percy plunkett wrote:The problem was,they weren't watching the game.They were sat drinking tea,Dan and Podge signalled that a stretcher was needed but they were slow to respond because they were paying no attention to the game.
Paying no attention to the game. Just like that incompetent thing on the pitch with a whistle then.

I believe at most grounds they’re near the dugouts. At least then it’s easy to get a message to the fourth official who sends them on. Hope Danny Rose is ok. He’s a good professional, the type of player I’d happily see in black and amber. There was a lot of blood on that towel and unfortunately his smile may make him look like one of the Pogues this morning.