Re: Queue right now

newgroundrodney wrote:At least now the club know the issue exists, so next time they'll know to mark tickets in such a way as to render them unable to be used for duplicated priority.
No nonsense, no ifs or buts, just do it from the off. Black sharpie pen and a pair of scissors...job done if technology is beyond us for reasons various.
But the problem is people both their season ticket/trust membership and Middlesbrough ticket to get more than one ticket.

Marky wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:At least now the club know the issue exists, so next time they'll know to mark tickets in such a way as to render them unable to be used for duplicated priority.
No nonsense, no ifs or buts, just do it from the off. Black sharpie pen and a pair of scissors...job done if technology is beyond us for reasons various.
But the problem is people both their season ticket/trust membership and Middlesbrough ticket to get more than one ticket.
Plastic cards and paper tickets, next season, can be marked in such a way as to make it not possible to be used for duplicated priority.
They've done it so far, but the never marked to PAPER tickets too. That was the error, now they can correct it now the error is evident.

Blackandamber wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:Understand the thinking around 'scratching off' of a Middlesbrough 'priority gained' ticket.... but come on, don't look too hard to be upset on other people's behalf....they don't need a 'sponsor' to help them through their grief.

I have already heard talk and seen messages from outraged people bemoaning 'greedy season ticket holders' who have taken away their right to obtain a ticket and now their little Johnie is distraught - these are the same people who had to ask for directions to RP.

#younowknowwhattodoANDwhererpislocatedAN
Dhowtokeeplittlejohniehappy

UTP

I'm a season ticket holder - I only queued up once for my ticket. I can only get to watch the game once.
Really upset for my cousin who watches all home games but couldn't get a ticket. Queued for hours this morning. Yes I know he should have been a trust member.
Buying a season ticket would be more sensible.

Marky wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:Understand the thinking around 'scratching off' of a Middlesbrough 'priority gained' ticket.... but come on, don't look too hard to be upset on other people's behalf....they don't need a 'sponsor' to help them through their grief.

I have already heard talk and seen messages from outraged people bemoaning 'greedy season ticket holders' who have taken away their right to obtain a ticket and now their little Johnie is distraught - these are the same people who had to ask for directions to RP.

UTP

I'm a season ticket holder - I only queued up once for my ticket. I can only get to watch the game once.
Really upset for my cousin who watches all home games but couldn't get a ticket. Queued for hours this morning. Yes I know he should have been a trust member.
Buying a season ticket would be more sensible.
^^ this .... this season, having a ST for matches he's going to anyway, would have more than paid dividends in priority.
If it's an affordability issue, it was £30 a month via Zebra Finance. Just paid my last £30 last week.

UTP

I'm a season ticket holder - I only queued up once for my ticket. I can only get to watch the game once.[/quote]

Really upset for my cousin who watches all home games but couldn't get a ticket. Queued for hours this morning. Yes I know he should have been a trust member.[/quote]

Buying a season ticket would be more sensible.[/quote]

^^ this .... this season, having a ST for matches he's going to anyway, would have more than paid dividends in priority.
If it's an affordability issue, it was £30 a month via Zebra Finance. Just paid my last £30 last week.[/quote]

I would like to see a savings Club you pay for next seasons ST upfront no need to take out credit the Club keep all intrest the building society get good pr everyone wins

It was embarrsassing for the club and awful for supporters that queued for 5 hours for nothing. Something has gone wrong.
people believed if you had a ticket stub you would get a ticket. All the people that had a ticket stub
should have been able to get a ticket if the crowd including away was around 7500 for the Middlesborough match so how hasnt this happened with the increased capacity/ where have the other tickets gone/sold to?.
I did hear today the academy age groups were able to get a ticket and one for parents, with all the age groups that would
have been a large number whats the view on this against say the paying fan. I queued today I am a trust member but couldnt make
the priority sale days so disappointed to miss out. For the first time ever I am wondering how many season ticket holders we have and how many supporters trust members because the priority sales must have been huge for so many to miss out.
I have never seen what I witnessed today, The gates to Rodney Parade closed before the ticket office opened,with queue right around cabbage patch before 8.30am and Police in attendance there has to be a better way.

dragon2 wrote: I have never seen what I witnessed today, The gates to Rodney Parade closed before the ticket office opened,with queue right around cabbage patch before 8.30am and Police in attendance there has to be a better way.
The stewards and ticket staff were great today. The gates were locked and those there told there would be no chance of getting a ticket so it was a waste of time waiting. The police were there as there were a few drunks around.

dragon2 wrote:It was embarrsassing for the club and awful for supporters that queued for 5 hours for nothing. Something has gone wrong.
people believed if you had a ticket stub you would get a ticket. All the people that had a ticket stub
should have been able to get a ticket if the crowd including away was around 7500 for the Middlesborough match so how hasnt this happened with the increased capacity/ where have the other tickets gone/sold to?.
I did hear today the academy age groups were able to get a ticket and one for parents, with all the age groups that would
have been a large number whats the view on this against say the paying fan. I queued today I am a trust member but couldnt make
the priority sale days so disappointed to miss out. For the first time ever I am wondering how many season ticket holders we have and how many supporters trust members because the priority sales must have been huge for so many to miss out.
I have never seen what I witnessed today, The gates to Rodney Parade closed before the ticket office opened,with queue right around cabbage patch before 8.30am and Police in attendance there has to be a better way.
I think there is about 1500 season ticket holders and 2500 trust members. On average with a season ticket you are entitled to two priority tickets. I’m aware that most season ticket holders are also trust members.

Even a quick bit of maths would suggest more than 4,000 tickets could have gone to season ticket holders and trust members alone, and that’s not even taking into consideration ex players, volunteers, shareholders or academy players.

I’m not surprised the tickets sold out so quickly, I posted before that I doubt there would be many for Priority 2 sales.

You are right though, more has to be done to prevent this ever happening again.

I have followed the County since 1975. I'm a trust member, I bought £250 of shares when the club needed saving and donated at least another £50 to some of the group initiatives. I have lived 150 miles away from Newport for the last 25 years but I still make it to 10 games a year on average. I have just spent 3 days and over 300 attempts trying to get through on the phone without success. I appreciate that we don't have the need or resources to run a large ticket office but surely there has to be a better way to deal with ticket sales for a game like this?
If it's true that some people were able to buy more than two tickets with nearly a week to go before KO then that needs to be looked at. If the stories about people buying 10 tickets are true then that is an absolute disgrace. I fear a system that allows this to happen will alienate higher numbers of loyal, more reliable fans than the number of new regulars it will attract.
That being said it won't put me off but it might make me think twice about renewing my trust membership or indeed putting my hand in my pocket again if needed. UTC

I'm not sure how one person could get 10 tickets for himself? I go with a group to the games. We have 9 season tickets. So rather than everybody in our group, taking the day off to queue, I normally go and queue and purchase 9 tickets, on my own. As our Season Tickets allow 1 extra, yes I bought 18 tickets, as I'm allowed, in one go.

That's not greedy, that is what being a Season Ticket holder gives you.

The mistake this time was allowing Middlesbrough ticket holders priority, without distinguishing which had been bought by trust/ST/academy etc and allowing those to be used today.

Willthiswork wrote:People were buying 10+ as they had 10+ Middlesbrough game stubs. Nothing that the club did was wrong, in fact they respected the decision they made to make the Middlesbrough game the priority ticket game for the next round.
What is wrong, is that with my 18 Middlesbrough tickets and my 9 season tickets, in theory, I could now be in possession of 36 Man City tickets. I'm not by the way, but there will be plenty of folk who have used this loophole. If they had used a league game as a priority ticket stub game, I would only have my 9 (+1s).

They must have sold a load to hospitality. The trouble being that everybody wanted tickets for this game. I've had friends I haven't heard from for years, and relatives I haven't even met, asking me for tickets. My stock answer has been, watch it on the TV, and for next time get yourself a Season Ticket or join the Trust.

It must be very disappointing to miss out this time. I just hope everybody can at least see it on the box. If it's raining, I might be wishing I was watching TV.

Supporters who are County supporters will be season ticket holders or Trust Members - we are a fan owned club remember and so had ticket priority. Big game supporters take a chance some will have a ticket some won’t . Where I think the club missed a trick is that the ticket priority should have been a Mansfield ticket not a Middlesbrough ticket.