Re: Queue right now

newgroundrodney wrote:
Caerleon Exile wrote:
Just from the furthest point shown in this photo is about 2 hours to wait....any longer than that, and of course the wait is longer.
Presumably it will be a little quicker to serve today without the need to check season tickets, up to date trust membership etc?

Ugo. wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Amber Dream wrote:Is this open just for trust members

Open for anyone who has a Boro replay stub.
..."and has not already obtained tickets via a different priority".... is how I understood it.
How do they police that?
By endorsing all paper tickets in the first tranche of Boro sales, with a "ST" or "TM" or "V" , for Season Ticket, Trust Member, Volunteer, etc, etc, so that in the next round of sales, those Boro tickets could not be used twice to obtain a second priority. Onlu "non-endorsed" Boro tickets would be valid in Round 2 of sales...... it really is as easy as that.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
How do they police that?
By endorsing all paper tickets in the first tranche of Boro sales, with a "ST" or "TM" or "V" , for Season Ticket, Trust Member, Volunteer, etc, etc, so that in the next round of sales, those Boro tickets could not be used twice to obtain a second priority. Onlu "non-endorsed" Boro tickets would be valid in Round 2 of sales...... it really is as easy as that.
Did they do that though?

Ugo. wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
How do they police that?
Did they do that though?
If they never had the foresight to have done so, now is the time to learn and do so next time. Cos there is no technology involved in a black marker pen.

whoareya wrote:Any season ticket holder or trust member with a Boro ticket could have gone back today and bought an extra ticket. At some point you have to rely on people's decency and sense of fairness.
So there's clearly a lesson to be learned there, to endorse BOTH the plastic ST Card, and the paper ticket issued, with the priority route via which that paper ticket was issued. That's not hard to implement.

The only time they could have marked the Middlesbrough tickets, other than when used to purchase today, would have been at the point of sale. So, if you bought 2 Middlesbrough tickets as a Season ticket holder, they could have been marked ST and sold on the understanding that they would not be valid for priority on days like today.

I agree that would have been fairer to all.

I suspect that because of Seasons/Trust supporters also going along with a Boro stub to get one for a friend, the general sales numbers (tickets and those wanting them will be greatly reduced). Personally, I think the ticket stub idea is now a busted flush. Just like bigger clubs have a points system and many fans miss out, I can see us saying the priority is seasons and trust only, then general sales.
Last edited by excessbee on February 10th, 2019, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote:I suspect that because of Seasons/Trust supporters also going along with a Boro stub to get one for a friend, the general sales numbers (tickets and those wanting them will be greatly reduced. Personally, I think the ticket stub idea is now a busted flush. Just like bigger clubs have a points system and many fans miss out, I can see us saying the priority is seasons and trust only, then general sales.
If they now learn from this (if ST holders have been buying twice) and endorse the plastic cards and paper tickets in the way I've suggested from next season, there won't be a problem. If we're shy of technology, or it's not compatible with RP, or even that RP won't play ball on it, then a black marker pen / a triangle cut in the corner works a treat and costs nothing to do.

whoareya wrote:Any season ticket holder or trust member with a Boro ticket could have gone back today and bought an extra ticket. At some point you have to rely on people's decency and sense of fairness.
And that’s precisely where it all falls down.

I imagine there’s many on here who’ve had texts from mates who never go down the county asking if they can get them tickets. And I’m sure there’s more than a few ST holders with trust membership who have been more than happy to oblige. Can you honestly blame them?